Talk

Advanced search

To want another baby?

(13 Posts)
TheABC Wed 12-Aug-15 21:53:38

Held a warm snuggly 10 week old at DH's work party last week and my ovaries almost exploded. I have not stopped thinking about babies since.

So please can you tell my ovaries they are BU? Plus reminding me of the hard bits of baby-rearing. I am in the midst of job hunting with small bouncing children getting in the way... <Grin>

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 13-Aug-15 11:29:41

It will pass. Holding someone else's cuddly baby for a bit is very different to having another baby/toddler/young child/pre teen/teenager/young adult forever. Take your rose tinted specs off.

Writerwannabe83 Thu 13-Aug-15 11:34:23

I work with babies aged 0-2 and my ovaries explode most days.

My DH on the other hand doesn't want another baby.

You have my sympathy!

NaiceHamSandwich Thu 13-Aug-15 11:36:33

Oh don't. You're just about to get your life back. You do not get the squishy lovely newborn feeling when you're on your 6th breastfeed of the night and it's only 2am. I promise.

BarbarianMum Thu 13-Aug-15 11:38:04

Always a bad idea to let your gonads make major life decisions without recurse to your brain.

Happytuesdays99 Thu 13-Aug-15 12:04:25

Sick, screaming, no sleep, no life, leaking breasts, no sleep, sick, no life, etc etc etc etc

Roseotto Thu 13-Aug-15 14:04:12

How many do you have? if you have 4 already I'd say stop ;)

SnapesCapes Thu 13-Aug-15 14:09:24

My friend visited last week with her 9 day old DD, who is as adorable as a newborn can be. I snuggled, I sniffed, my friend had a little power nap upstairs while I got lunch ready and while I cooked, her DD had what can only be described as a poo fountain come firing out of her nappy and vest. I was covered, she was covered, it was like an explosion had gone off.

I got us both cleaned up and into fresh clothes so by the time her Mum woke up it was like nothing had happened but god, the memory of those yellow poops had my ovaries wrapping themselves in barbed wire and picketing with signs saying "down with babies". Going back to newborn days is so, so hard.

bonzo77 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:26:53

Na. Have another. Sod it. I am!

Strokethefurrywall Thu 13-Aug-15 15:39:27

I bloody love the newborn days so I'll be no help - but I have to keep reminding myself that they only stay tiny for about a second. Then they turn into whirlygigs of tantrumming terror, followed by whining "but I want-ers!"

I have nearly 4 year old DS1 and 16 month DS2. 4 year old is now easier albeit whinges and whines all the bloody time, and 16 month old is just starting to become a menace albeit one with the cheekiest face.

I loved the newborn days when I could lie in bed, sleep, breastfeed, watch Greys Anatomy re-runs on the laptop, go for coffee and lunches and hit the beach when I wanted. Now they're older its a military operation.

But the biggest reason I tell myself comes from a total vanity perspective - I came out of pregnancy and childbirth completely unscathed body wise and I very much doubt I'll be that lucky again!!

Don't do it! (or do it because I think babies are bloody fabulous!)

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 13-Aug-15 16:08:24

My ovaries constantly twitch. I only have one and would love another. Dh has other plans. The bastard.

bonzo77 Thu 13-Aug-15 18:15:27

stroke that's the thing. I came out of child birth the last 2 times not just unscathed, actually better! Stronger, slimmer, happier, more balanced. Apart from a brush with PND, which was easily solved. Fingers crossed I'm the same this time, hopefully without the PND.

TheABC Fri 14-Aug-15 20:48:57

ROTFWL. You are all fantastic. Especially snapescapes description of explosive poo (I remember that) and BarbarianMum

Roseotto, I am on my first. And bonzo 77, you sound like a great drinking partner! Or would be, if not pregnant (congratulations).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now