Talk

Advanced search

to think this photoshopping is terrible?

(25 Posts)
flanjabelle Wed 12-Aug-15 16:14:22

Her arm, her ribs, everything?! All her bones have been accentuated. How on earth do they think they have made her look better?? I bet she looked amazing before they started messing with the photo.

pinkyredrose Wed 12-Aug-15 16:16:01

Christ! That's a total hash job!

QuizteamBleakley Wed 12-Aug-15 16:16:55

She looks emaciated. YANBU. That's dreadful!

QuizteamBleakley Wed 12-Aug-15 16:17:40

I mean, pretty face, but THE BONES, THE BONES!

QuizteamBleakley Wed 12-Aug-15 16:17:43

I mean, pretty face, but THE BONES, THE BONES!

TenForward82 Wed 12-Aug-15 16:18:21

Um, I'm in the photoshopping "trade" and I don't want to be mean about the model, but I think a lot of that is her body and it's pretty scary looking. The boobs, the thigh gap, the ribs ... and this is coming from someone who used to be a size 6 (now 12).

flanjabelle Wed 12-Aug-15 16:20:25

Ten you are joking surely?? You can clearly see where they have cut out sections of her side and arm.

flanjabelle Wed 12-Aug-15 16:21:52

Why would the swimsuit be sitting another inch out on her hip?

TenForward82 Wed 12-Aug-15 16:23:59

I said "a lot" not "all" - you're right, there's like a chunk cut out near her elbow.

But I suppose I'm also saying, it's not like they had a size 14 to work with. I'm not having a go at her, I just hate the perception that models in the fashion industry should be ridiculously skinny.

Mrsfrumble Wed 12-Aug-15 16:24:32

If I was the model I'd be most pissed off about what the photoshoppers have done to her boobs. The shading makes them look really "stuck on"! If they're real, they now look fake, and if they're fake the picture really draws attention to the fact.

ILiveOnABuildsite Wed 12-Aug-15 16:25:07

That is really really bad. These sort of images can be really dangerous. I'm a recovered anorexic, I'm nearly 30 now, two kids and a health weight but in my mid-late teens I severe health problem because of my anorexia, spent time in hospital and took a long time recovering. However, anorexia is a mental illness and I truly believe that you can be recovered but the illness doesn't leave you truly ever. The first thing I thought when I saw this image, despite how badly photoshopped it is was: "wow she is lovely and slim and I wish I could be this slim". It was a fleeting thought and my rational brain quickly kicked in again and reasoned that she was far too thin and it wasn't even real and badly photoshopped. But these kind of photos angers me so much, it is so irresponsible to foster this sort of body image.

Sorry to bring down your thread op.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Wed 12-Aug-15 16:28:43

I saw an article with Lydia from towie in and thought she looked fabulous then saw her Instagram and she had photoshopped the photo.

I can't understand why she would have wanted to photoshop the original photo when she has a lovely figure.

It's also a bad example of photoshopping (the pole has a very noticeable bend in it)

Ops picture is also terrible, the texture of her looks weird and I agree that I bet she looked better before.

Mrsfrumble Wed 12-Aug-15 16:30:21

Perhaps the photoshopping is deliberately bad, as a protest against being instructed to make the model look thinner? Maybe the person doing it thought "if I do a shitty job, everyone will see how fake and ridiculous it is"?

I like to hope so...

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 12-Aug-15 16:35:07

This is truly horrible and awesome photoshop... Richard Armitage with cats I'm posting it everywhere.

tethersend Wed 12-Aug-15 16:41:58

They're all at it

RoboticSealpup Wed 12-Aug-15 16:44:18

You don't have to be emaciated for your ribs to show. My ribs look a bit like that. It may very well be how she looks in reality.

Mrsfrumble Wed 12-Aug-15 17:06:17

My ribs show too, and I'm not emaciated either. But my clothes don't mysteriously hover an inch away from body like the swimsuit on the model's hip. Also, I don't have strange notches on my body, like the model does on her crotch and on her arm where someone has attempted to widen her thigh gap and slim her forearm.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Wed 12-Aug-15 17:18:38

The photo does look odd around her right hip, so either photoshopped or (at a stretch) a very ill-fitting costume. The notch on the inside of her elbow is weird too.

"You don't have to be emaciated for your ribs to show."
Agreed. I'm a healthy weight with small bone structure and my arms look like hers at that angle. My ribs also look rather like that when I pull in my torso, make myself tall, and stretch a little to one side like she's doing. I'm not emaciated, just have a naturally slim small boned physique, and I only look "skinny" because, as a society, we've let overweight become the norm and view very slim women with suspicion. Now, this model may or may not have an eating disorder, but you can't tell from the photo.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Wed 12-Aug-15 17:22:04

"Richard Armitage with cats"
LOL, that's brilliant grin

Katedotness1963 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:27:02

It's an odd picture. It looks as if someone photoshopped the swimsuit into the picture.

loveliesbleeding1 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:33:29

That's also a very pointy chin.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Wed 12-Aug-15 17:46:27

What the hell has happened to her legs?! If those were her real legs they'd be set at a very strange angle, for human legs.

flanjabelle Wed 12-Aug-15 17:50:03

I like the idea of it being a sneaky protest against photoshopping, but I can't say it's likely. It's sad that this is what they want models to look like!

flanjabelle Wed 12-Aug-15 17:51:54

Yy to the legs. Bizarre.

PolterGoose Wed 12-Aug-15 17:53:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now