Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel overwhelmed

(6 Posts)
whatisforteamum Tue 11-Aug-15 21:56:09

Until now ive worked to cope with life stresses. Ill parents,unemployed dd,ds doing exams all juggled with shift work and different times off from DH.
I have had 10 days off (very rare for me as 3 and im usually bored),Dh took me out twice and we visited relatives that i hadnt seen in many yrs.
Dh was lovely to me and i put on 5lbs in weight in 2 weeks just not working very fast on 13 hr days.No fancy meals just less to do.
Tonight i could cry ..back to the demoralising workplace(lots of pple have quit) and the manager can be particularly rude to me, back to dh snapping and swearing..back to seeing df deteriorate from cancer knowing he doesnt have long.
Back to not seeing dh as my days off are midweek.I have a try out for a job this week i just feel overwhelmed by the life i just got on with before i had a break from it all.I could see positives before i i was off now i can only see how hard we work for low wages.I know from my parents others have life worse i just feel ground down by it all.Moan over sad AIBU

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 11-Aug-15 22:02:47

No yanbu.
Most people would be overwhelmed by all that.
Hope some bits start to ease up for you somehow...

Gottagetmoving Wed 12-Aug-15 11:18:46

Most people feel low after a break and getting back to work but I think the break has triggered something in you and made you realise just how much you were putting up with.
Think of it as a sign to make changes. Instead of just putting up with it all make an effort to get a different job or to make other changes in your usual lifetime routine.
I know from experience that you can feel 'stuck' and not be able to see a way out of things, but just making some small changes can help so look at what you can change and start there.

Mimigolightly Wed 12-Aug-15 11:30:07

I'm very sorry that you're feeling overwhelmed flowers. It is very understandable under the circumstances. I would go along to this job try-out and see if it would be a better fit for you. At least then, you have one main stressor sorted and it will give you some headspace to deal with everything else.

Tinandgonic Wed 12-Aug-15 11:46:28

Sorry about your dad OP. I'm not one to advocate just taking time off on the sick but perhaps you need a breather for a wee while. It might help to lighten the load slightly and spend time with your df. It would also allow you to evaluate what you want to do about your job.

whatisforteamum Wed 12-Aug-15 17:53:09

Thank you all so much for your replies.I did have a week sick the other week then felt guilty as gp had signed me off and rushed back to save time when DF dies.I think so many things have happened and people have pointed out to me i shouldnt tolearate so much.First Dh with alsorts of health problems since his heart attack then recently slipped disk which has affected his moods badly.
Struggling to get dd motivated to find work (which maybe in hand now).While watching Df get worse and Mums onco appointment this sept for her incurable cancer.
My boss is aware that on 19 hr contract he is pushing me too much i love working normally and this week have 39 hrs.
I agree we all feel a bit like this when we have to go back to normal though and its been yrs since i had any fun.Time to take stock and if i can squeeze in a social life of sorts then all well and good. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now