Talk

Advanced search

Wearing a cardigan in Florida

(43 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Tue 11-Aug-15 20:09:25

I have horrible fat, flabby, mottled out of proportion, stretch marked arms. I hate them. I am going to Florida in 2 weeks and will be miserable if I can't cover my arms. Aibu to wear a cotton cardigan, rolled up at the sleeves? Or can anyone suggest anything lightweight to cover my arms?

CassieBearRawr Tue 11-Aug-15 20:11:09

Do you mean during the day (ie the beach) or at night?

AlwaysOutnumberedNevrOutgunned Tue 11-Aug-15 20:11:56

However fat you think you are I guarantee you will see plenty bigger in Florida!! Wear what is comfortable for you, linen or cotton is good if it is very warm, have a lovely time grin

weeblueberry Tue 11-Aug-15 20:12:32

You might be more comfortable wearing elbow length sleeved tops?

pretend Tue 11-Aug-15 20:13:12

You'll be the thinnest there, it doesn't matter what size you are, you won't be able to compete.

Why not wear a long sleeved kaftan or a drapey chiffon type cardi?

turdfairynomore Tue 11-Aug-15 20:13:24

Bring your cardi. The aircon is very effective!!!

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:13:57

Orlando? My experience of Orlando is that no-one gives a flying fig what anyone else wears or looks like. Wear your cardi if you are comfy in it - don't faff about getting any glam clothes, honestly.

We take one 'nice' outfit for evening and we usually feel overdressed.

Starbrite00 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:16:41

I wouldn't worry, once you are there you will see people bigger than you have seen before and no one cares. Enjoy yourself.
If you still want to cover how about the kimono jackets made in the chiffon type material?

laffymeal Tue 11-Aug-15 20:17:09

I'm just back from Orlando and Clearwater. I have porridgey upper arms and was self conscious about them but, trust me, no one, repeat, no one will give a flying donald duck about your arms in Florida.

AlpacaPicnic Tue 11-Aug-15 20:19:23

You'll never see those people again. So honestly, don't worry about it. I'm very big and I wore a bikini top on holiday in Orlando. It were far too hot to be bothered about it.

Tinandgonic Tue 11-Aug-15 20:25:43

Wear whatever makes you comfortable smile

londonrach Tue 11-Aug-15 20:29:36

Florida was one of the coldest places ive visted after the hottest day i ever had. (Seriously if florida has a thunderstom overnight..make sure you pack a jumper). Wear what you feel comfortable in

Euphemia Tue 11-Aug-15 20:33:21

It's too relaxed a place to care about your upper arms. Just enjoy the hell out of it. smile

Theimpossiblegirl Tue 11-Aug-15 21:03:50

I just got back. People wear all sorts to be honest, so a cardi or 3/4 sleeve tops would be fine but you might get hot. What about a lightweight kimono?
Pack short sleeves too, because you probably won't care about your arms when you get there.

Many Americans (who were all different shapes and sizes) wore sportswear/running gear. I'm assuming it was because the fabrics were breathable and the clothes were loose fitting and comfortable.

Cool and comfortable are the only rules to dress by.

Mrsjayy Tue 11-Aug-15 21:09:46

Honestly you will see bigger arms than yours in orlando people are huge but if its going to make you comfier wear 1 what about a thin over shirt rather than a cardi then you willbe covered but cool ? The aircon is fierce though so you might feel chilly anyway

Brummiegirl15 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:11:51

Trust me, when you go out in the evening you need a cardi. Air con in Florida is absolutely arctic!!!!

Mrsjayy Tue 11-Aug-15 21:12:55

People are right nobody cares i took 3/4 trousers when i went im a bit iffy about operation scars on my legs by day 3 I didnt give a stuff and had the shorts on

Mrsjayy Tue 11-Aug-15 21:14:01

Yeah i was brring in the malls

HowDdo2You Tue 11-Aug-15 21:15:40

The only type of clothing we noted and remarked on were the familes who all wore matching T-shirts.

Mrsjayy Tue 11-Aug-15 21:19:44

Apparently that is just in case they get lost I read it somewhere

HowDdo2You Tue 11-Aug-15 21:25:34

The Perry the platapus or plural (platapussies) family, sure looked like they would struggle to locate one another.

Mrsjayy Tue 11-Aug-15 21:27:54

Oh grin

thenightsky Tue 11-Aug-15 21:31:11

Don't fret about your arms. You'll arms in Florida that would make two of your thighs! grin

Glitteryarse Tue 11-Aug-15 21:31:35

Don't wear a cardi it will be to hot !

Kimonos like these will be your friend!! Very light silky materials and beautiful colours smile

thenightsky Tue 11-Aug-15 21:31:45

You'll *see arms in Florida that will make two of your thighs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now