Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask about spray tans?

(18 Posts)
hettiebaby Tue 11-Aug-15 09:36:32

The reason I'm unsure if IABU is because I'm not fully convinced they look as natural and as nice as they are meant to confused

I'm on the fence as to whether or not they look a bit naff or if that's just because I've seen a lot of self tanners walk around with awful greenish patches hmm

So ladies IF I was to get a spray tan which brand should I look out for, and if IABU to consider it, why? I want brutally honest opinions and hopefully this board is the right place grin

formerbabe Tue 11-Aug-15 09:38:32

You are only noticing the bad ones! Many people have great ones done and you don't even know they have fake tan on.

hettiebaby Tue 11-Aug-15 09:41:32

That's what I'm wanting. Just so nervous

rightsaidthread Tue 11-Aug-15 09:43:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

30ish Tue 11-Aug-15 09:43:54

I have a very light spray tan, which looks natural. It's fantastic, you can't tell it's a spray tan. The secret is in the preparation - on the day shower in tepid water, don't exfoliate, don't apply any moisturiser and only put a tiny amount of deodorant on. Keep a close eye on your tan for a few hours afterwards and wash off when you're happy with the colour. Mine usually lasts for two weeks and wears of evenly.

30ish Tue 11-Aug-15 09:44:41

Off!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 11-Aug-15 09:45:30

I used to have a spray tan; heavenly bodies iirc. It was just enough to give me a sun kissed look; very glowy and not 'just back from Fiji' nut brown.

19lottie82 Tue 11-Aug-15 09:45:59

You only notice the bad ones, if someone has had a good one you won't be able to tell!

Realitea Tue 11-Aug-15 09:48:13

I had one once and it was incredible. I loved it. Too much work though. It started to fade and it went patchy about three days later.
I'm very tempted to try the new St tropez 'in shower' self tan.

sanityforlunch Tue 11-Aug-15 09:48:28

I had one recently and got a few compliments from people who thought it was real. It lasted over a week.

I would have one again for a special occasion or before a holiday.

Btw it is very cold and smelly so not a pleasant experience. I was literally shivering and holding my breath as the spray is freezing.

Whatisaweekend Tue 11-Aug-15 09:51:03

Agree that you are probably only clocking the tango-tan bad ones! How about easing yourself into the whole idea with buying something like Johnsons Holiday skin and having a go at home? Its a doddle because it really only has a tiny amount of tanner in it and you are supposed to build it up (I am v pale and find that a couple of goes with it is enough to look less ghost-like!)

hettiebaby Tue 11-Aug-15 13:27:21

I've self tanned before, and managed to do quite a good job but I can never do my whole body perfectly.

This is why I was thinking that maybe a professional spray tan could be the answer....I've just not got a clue what brand to go with to guarantee I wont look like a dirty womble after a few days.

tomatodizzymum Tue 11-Aug-15 13:32:09

I've never had one done, I know a friend who always has them, she looks ok, not orange but just brown. It's a bit odd though, I personally don't get it.

Tinandgonic Tue 11-Aug-15 13:34:20

Vita Liberata

WipsGlitter Tue 11-Aug-15 13:36:54

I think they have a max last of about three days assuming you shower every day.

Balanced12 Tue 11-Aug-15 13:37:08

They use St Tropez at the salon I use it is good but does wear off unevenly

Roussette Tue 11-Aug-15 13:47:29

I've had one done for a special occasion in the early part of the year before I got a bit more of a glow in the summer. St. Tropez and on me it lasts about 2-3 weeks, honestly it does! But I do leave it on over night before I shower. e.g. Have it done about 6pm, shower it off next morning (and wash sheets too!) I think if you can do that it lasts longer. It never goes patchy and just fades bit by bit over weeks.

Givemecoffeeplease Tue 11-Aug-15 13:47:38

St Tropez in shower is very very faint - I used it 3 days in a row as recommended and tbh couldn't tell the difference. Wouldn't bother again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now