Talk

Advanced search

AIBU To feel a bit

(388 Posts)
Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 17:56:16

Miffed that somebody has taken my mnn?

I know first world problems and all that but it doesn't feel right that there is another Regina out there for all but one letter. Then to be lied to about how long they have had it (thank you AS).

Totally prepared for lots of YABU get over it sad lass type posts. It's just that I like my nn and now I will have to change it.

<sobs in a corner at the meaness of it all and the stress of finding a new nn>

Totality22 Sun 09-Aug-15 17:58:57

I don't understand. Someone has taken your what?

woowoo22 Sun 09-Aug-15 18:00:03

confused

SlagBol Sun 09-Aug-15 18:00:37

Don't get it

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:01:20

Mumsnet name.

Yes I know pathetic blush what can I say I have had a dull weekend grin

sugar21 Sun 09-Aug-15 18:02:15

You could change it to ReginaVag
Actually I'd blame that bloody kitchen roll its getting too populargrin

FarFromAnyRoad Sun 09-Aug-15 18:02:28

Someone has copied your MN username but added or changed one letter of it and lied about how long they've had it? Did you PM them to find out or did someone else tell you?
I dunno that I could care about this tbh but if you do, you do. Have they done it in a malicious way do you think?

Spadequeen Sun 09-Aug-15 18:05:09

I've had plenty of names that someone has then had something very similar, yes it's annoying but I just changed as I wanted to be different, I haven't yet come across another spade BT maybe one day I will and then ill change again.

NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 18:05:13

It's not pathetic, it's irritating.

Whoever had it first keeps it.

<gavel>

LavenderDoll Sun 09-Aug-15 18:05:28

YANBU
though I do like the Reginavag suggestion wink

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:08:25

I asked on a thread....crass but I did apologise to the OP.

I sort of get I am making a big deal about it but at the same time it feels unpleasant. I have a nice bunch of posters who know me by my nn ( it was one of them that pointed it out) and to think there is another Regina out there who I could get confused with feels blurgh.

LavenderDoll Sun 09-Aug-15 18:09:54

I saw the thread.
I think nicking your mnn is bad form and irritating

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:10:09

Ragingvag does sound fun grin

CordeliaFoxx Sun 09-Aug-15 18:16:36

Raginafalangi has a post dated 09/05/10, sorry!

CordeliaFoxx Sun 09-Aug-15 18:20:34

My mistake spelt it reginafalangi not reginafelangi!

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:25:31

Even I am confused to who is who sad

I shall test out some new ones to save confusion and agro.

FenellaFellorick Sun 09-Aug-15 18:29:08

What makes you think she's lied about how long she's had it?

She could have had it for years but not used it. Or used it in chat, now deleted.

With the namechanging so frequent here, I think it's probably next to impossible to get and keep a unique name. They're all gone. grin

FrancesHouseman Sun 09-Aug-15 18:31:23

Correct spelling is Regina Phalange, is that the 'stolen' name?

FrancesHouseman Sun 09-Aug-15 18:32:58

Hmmm, ReginaPhalange has done one post, in September 2008. What a waste!

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:33:17

AS shows no posts before the beginning of this month and she said 2010 so I searched for messages from 01/01/11 to today and still only showed messages for this month. I searched as I was more than prepared to change my name if I was the one who had taken it as it were.

Sparklingbrook Sun 09-Aug-15 18:36:20

AS has been very unreliable the last few days.

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:37:09

The spelling of the other poster is very very similar to mine but for one letter change and a letter removed.

If you AS me you can see where I posted.
As I say it is daft and I am thinking of a new nn it's just I really felt comfortable with that one.

EponasWildDaughter Sun 09-Aug-15 18:37:16

Maybe change yours to TheOriginalReginaFalangie?

If it's from 'Friends' then it's not your idea to steal anyway tbh. It's just a name from a TV series.

Maryz Sun 09-Aug-15 18:41:18

I think if you've been here a while, and using a name, then a polite message to someone else is fine.

But if you have both rocked up at the same time, and you don't post much, it's not such a big deal.

How many people remember poor Stealth almost losing her Polar Bear sad

Reginafalangie Sun 09-Aug-15 18:44:00

I just stole it first Epon wink

I have PMed the poster and politely asked that they name change and explained why. I realise I cannot force them to and if I want the originality of sorts I will have to be the one that changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now