Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be annoyed by this?

(3 Posts)
PatSharpIsMyBoyfriend Sun 09-Aug-15 16:44:48

I have been with my DP (not Pat Sharp grin ) for little over a year - we don't live together but I stay at his every weekend. He has a 5 year old child with his ex and they broke up 3 years ago. They share custody, although my DP probably has their child about 70% of the time.

Last week my DP'S ex rang him quite randomly and asked if she could pick up some things from my DP'S home with no reason given. These included things such as cookbooks, plates, ornaments, and baby toys and clothes. They are things that either her father gave my DP (e.g. plates) or things that he hinself has bought (e.g baby things)!

He agreed and let her come over and basic pick and choose things which she wanted, but apparently there is yet more that she wants that she could not fit into her car. She even asked for a key to his home to get these things, claiming that she wouldn't touch anything else (!)

AIBU to be both annoyed and to find it bizzare that he would allow this after 3 years? They have a standoff ish relationship at best, and he is never allowed into her home. I have children with an ex partner myself, but I just couldn't imagine ever being as cheeky as she is.

I feel like he is a pushover because he is scared that she will prevent him from seeing his child, so he treads on eggshells to keep her happy. But if he allowed it after so many years, when would he ever say no? As are side note he is also paying off a never ending credit card bill that she claims is half his. When I calculated the amount he has paid, it should be well over half by now, but despite requests she has yet to let him even see the balance!

Theycallmemellowjello Sun 09-Aug-15 16:46:35

As they say in Poland, not your monkeys, not your circus.

Kafri Sun 09-Aug-15 16:50:10

From what you've written it doesn't sound like there's any possibility of them getting back together but at the same time I don't think you're being U
It does seem odd that he's allowing her into his home willy nilly

More alarming is the credit card situation. Like hell he should be blindly paying it - that's just odd even for the nicest of people!! He shouldn't be paying another penny until he's seen evidence of what's his debt and anything she's added to it since the split. His ex is taking the piss but he's allowing her to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now