Talk

Advanced search

Pedants' Corner

(8 Posts)
Fluffy24 Sun 09-Aug-15 08:33:31

AIBU to think there should be a pedants' corner where we can be free to do things like correct spelling, grammar or vocabulary without fear of retribution a bit of a grump from others?

Anyone else want to bring anything into the corner thread?

NB - use of anatomical terms to describe anything between your waist and your knees is strictly banned because even a pedant can think that 'vulva' sounds weird.

Anniegetyourgun Sun 09-Aug-15 08:35:59

There is a topic for this already, under "Other Stuff" (same heading as AIBU). Sadly only pedants go there, so nobody who needs telling will see it!

ghostyslovesheep Sun 09-Aug-15 08:39:16

like this

I wish they'd stick to it - I really struggle with spelling etc due to a learning disability and I really try hard to type properly but some times I mess us - having it pointed out make me feel wonderful hmm

GreyAndGoldInTheMeadow Sun 09-Aug-15 08:39:49

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pedants_corner

Fluffy24 Sun 09-Aug-15 08:52:24

Bloody hell greyandgold I was kidding! shock blush

MardyBra Sun 09-Aug-15 08:55:08

There's also a Cunning Linguists geddit? section for people who want to discuss pedantry/ language or language changesfrom a more objective perspective.

Fluffy24 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:13:18

packs bags

Nettletheelf Sun 09-Aug-15 17:36:30

I had to post to congratulate you on the correct placement of the apostrophe in the word 'pedants'', Fluffy. Bravo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now