Talk

Advanced search

to have blue toilet water? Will mn shun me?

(43 Posts)
VeryEarlyDays Sun 09-Aug-15 07:00:01

DP has cleaned the toilet -and-is-walking-round-like-the-all-conquering-hero-. He's put some special cleaning block in the cistern which has turned the toilet water bright blue. Considering MN thinks a toilet brush is a faux pa I wondered what opinions are on blue water; should I claim we are embracing the summer festival chemical toilet look?

VeryEarlyDays Sun 09-Aug-15 07:00:35

total fail on the crossing out then...sad

Panzee Sun 09-Aug-15 07:02:33

Don't know about MN but my plumber told me to keep things like that out of the cistern. I forget why.

SchwarzwalderKirschtorte Sun 09-Aug-15 07:02:56

Meh our toilets have bright pink water (couldn't resist getting a pink "bloo" block when I saw it)

Prefer coloured water as it smells nicer.

MrsMook Sun 09-Aug-15 07:12:15

Not a fan of coloured water, it makes it hard to see how hydrated your wee is.

I use toilet brushes.

Booboostwo Sun 09-Aug-15 07:12:37

I hate this! My lovely cleaner did it and was very pleased with the idea so I don't have the heart to tell her how much I hate it. YANBU

thatsn0tmyname Sun 09-Aug-15 07:14:05

I find blue water strangely reassuring.

Pepperonipeteczar Sun 09-Aug-15 07:27:53

I don't want to do anything that attracts my toddler to the toilet water, I like to see the colour of my wee and also, what if my cats drink it?

I have a toilet brush but I clean it every time I use it.

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sun 09-Aug-15 07:28:07

Mine is pink too.

maxxytoe Sun 09-Aug-15 07:30:53

Once I was in the pub where I had more than a couple of blue WKDs .
I went to the toilet and when I stood up the water was blue ! I absolutely shit myself and shouted my mates in.
We then realised it was the blue cleaning block

maxxytoe Sun 09-Aug-15 07:31:34

Back to the matter at hand though , do people really care what colour toilet water is ? hmm

SoupDragon Sun 09-Aug-15 07:31:41

I don't know about the blue water but...

Why on earth would I need to see the colour of my wee?
Your cats shouldn't be drinking out of the toilet as they can slip in head first and drown. Put the damn lid down!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 09-Aug-15 07:33:17

I like the toilet duck fresh discs, they make it smell nice without changing the colour of the water.

ollieplimsoles Sun 09-Aug-15 07:33:31

I'm another one who is reassured by coloured water... Hate toilet brushes they are gross

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Sun 09-Aug-15 07:37:41

I think the reason MN doesn't like toilet brushes is their unhygienic, I use one and don't really get the fuss, but I can see the argument. Their unlikely to think the same about something that actually cleans the toilet and makes it more hygienic!

I do however understand the health arguement there are conditions that you would need to see how hydrated your pee was or how well your kidneys are functioning!

M00nUnit Sun 09-Aug-15 07:38:20

I've been using those blue toilet blocks for years. I hate toilet brushes though, I have one of those sticks where the cleaning bit at the end comes off any flushes away. Can't remember what it's called.

Sparkles23 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:41:44

Ooh I always have a blue loo, have tried all the other colours but always go back to blue, find it much fresher looking. I am interested though to know why they aren't a good idea as never occurred to me they would be any worse than the usual toilet chemical cleaners I use.

Also cats I don't think wouldn't go near it as they would know its chemical surely, my cat won't even touch tap water only rain water!

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:48:21

I don't understand why you'd need to consult MN about the colour of your bog water.

If you like it, where's the issue?

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Sun 09-Aug-15 08:01:54

I don't like blue water, it's kind of institutional. I like a toilet cleaned with a brush. wink

ShatnersBassoon Sun 09-Aug-15 08:03:36

Mine is pink too. DH doesn't like it because it makes his first wee of the day look like Lucozade.

CigarsofthePharoahs Sun 09-Aug-15 08:12:03

Left one in while on holiday for 10 days.
Got back, used the loo and the water was practically indigo!
I use one as it helps keep the loo cleaner, but came a cropper with one a few months ago as I had apparently put it in the "wrong side" of the cistern. I didn't know there was a wrong side! The net result was a chunk of the block wedging where you don't want it to wedge, the toilet cistern slowly leaking into the bowl and the cold water tank in my loft slowly emptying itself.

millymae Sun 09-Aug-15 08:15:27

Golly I didn't realise I was committing mumsnet crime. I have a toilet brush and blue water.! I love blue water but have never been able to have it until recently.
In my defence mine doesn't come from a block in the cistern (which I can't access easily) and recently I was more excited than I should have been when I discovered that Toilet Duck did one that fits over the rim of the toilet. I threw 4 in the trolley to keep me going as they were on offer and thank goodness I did as my local supermarket doesn't stock them anymore. Sadly my blue toilet water may already be over.

AngieBolen Sun 09-Aug-15 08:25:27

You are killing the fishes with your blue water.

mycatlikestwiglets Sun 09-Aug-15 08:29:35

I was advised by my plumber to use those bloo cistern blocks with limescale remover in as the hard water was killing the pipes from my toilet (had to remove it as part of some works we had done recently and the pipes practically disintegrated as the limescale had made them so brittle).

magpieC Sun 09-Aug-15 08:34:35

No don't have blue toilet water as when you get a leak from the toilet while on holiday you'll end up with a blue ceiling, blue walls, blue carpet and blue streaked furniture downstairs <no I'm not bitter>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now