Talk

Advanced search

Husband still not fucking home!

(85 Posts)
shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 03:09:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BitOfFun Sun 09-Aug-15 03:16:34

Well, yes, a little bit.

I understand it's annoying, but you'd be better off going to sleep and just insisting he gets up at a reasonable time tomorrow so your whole day isn't a write-off.

Of course he won't be home by 3am if he was at a party at 2am. Get some sleep yourself and try to get some perspective. He isn't out shagging, it's not a regular thing, and life is long- this isn't the last chance you'll ever have to see him as a family. Shit happens, and as long as it isn't constant, I think you probably have to take it on the chin for your own sanity.

The chest pain worries me though- will you go and make an appointment and get it checked out? It sounds like anxiety, but you can't be too careful. I hope you get some sleep.

Arranie Sun 09-Aug-15 03:16:40

YABU. You should've not waited up. Why didn't you go to bed then get him up in the morning for your planned activities regardless of what time he got home?

shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 03:25:56

AcrossthePond55 Sun 09-Aug-15 03:56:53

So it sounds as if this isn't just a one off? He has form for 'disappearing acts'?

No wonder you're upset. But making yourself so angry you have chest pains serves no good purpose, and certainly isn't good for your baby. You need to sleep. Do you have anything to help you get to sleep? If not I like hot milk with a (big) tot of Amaretto (skip the Amaretto if you're bf). If nothing else, take a hot shower and get into bed (or sofa) and turn on some mindless TV. Cuddle your baby.

Tomorrow, you and he need a serious talk about your future.

shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 04:12:24

shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 04:16:01

TheFutureMrsB Sun 09-Aug-15 04:22:34

Is he still not back shock I don't blame you for being pissed off

LettingItGo Sun 09-Aug-15 04:26:59

YANBU

I hope you manage to get some sleep.

shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 04:28:29

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 09-Aug-15 04:57:00

YANBU ..... It's ridiculous '

googoodolly Sun 09-Aug-15 05:06:38

What a tit, especially when he has form. Let him stay with mummy for a few days, might get him to buck up his attitude a little bit.

shiteforbrains Sun 09-Aug-15 05:21:20

Fairylea Sun 09-Aug-15 05:27:28

So this happens a lot?

If it was just a one off I'd laugh about it and let it go but if this is happening regularly then yanbu. He should at least be honest about going out rather than just say he's picking friends up or let you know earlier what's happening. Do you get the same "down time"? Not necessarily out all night but going out for the day or whatever you like and leaving the dc with him?

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 09-Aug-15 05:30:47

Exactly! And does he get to look after baby in the day when you get some rest?

Didiusfalco Sun 09-Aug-15 05:38:30

If this only happened occassionally i would say to cut him some slack, but thats obviously not the case. I hope you kick him out of bed to look after your ds in the morning, youve obviously had a terrible night because of this and deserve some rest.

Penfold007 Sun 09-Aug-15 05:39:06

YANBU. He gets to opt out of parenting Monday to Wednesday and has ruined Sunday. Selfish person.

coveredinsnot Sun 09-Aug-15 05:42:22

He's behaving like a teenager, not a man with a wife and child! And sounds like he has no respect for you, is doing whatever he wants to do in all likelihood knowing it's upsetting you. Utterly selfish. Of course you're upset and hurt. Anyone would be in that situation, well I would be anyway and definitely not able to sleep either. I hope you can have a good honest talk with him - I wonder how you can get through to him as he sounds incredibly stubborn.

MarchelineWhatNot Sun 09-Aug-15 06:14:30

Has he been drinking? Is he maybe a bit of a people-pleaser and didn't want to leave his mates?

SlagBol Sun 09-Aug-15 06:29:34

Has he been doing gear? Just wondering what he could be doing until 5.30am.

Esmeismyhero Sun 09-Aug-15 06:54:13

Gosh what is it with the wankers today sad I don't like my dh either shite flowers

Chunkymonkey79 Sun 09-Aug-15 07:13:41

Yanbu

ahbollocks Sun 09-Aug-15 07:18:28

Yabu. Hope you manage to have a nice day just you and the baby today

ahbollocks Sun 09-Aug-15 07:18:48

Yannnnnbu I meant

thatsshallot Sun 09-Aug-15 07:21:19

Yanbu flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now