Talk

Advanced search

hair disaster please help!

(57 Posts)
bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 20:42:51

Regular but NC'd for this...HELLLLP

I've been blonde before, I'm naturally ginger,wanted to dye it back to blonde. Used Jerome Russell B Blonder maxximum lift kit like I always do - it was AGONY on my scalp and I don't know why. Left it to develop for about an hour, then washed it out. THIS HAPPENED.

HELP. Someone please tell me how to fix this, bearing in mind I only have a Tesco extra near me that's open at all. How do I fix this?! It's a disaster!

Griphook Sat 08-Aug-15 20:43:55

Can you add a picture?

LongDistanceLove Sat 08-Aug-15 20:44:03

I can't see a photo. What happened?

bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 20:47:39

Here sorry they wouldn't upload!!

contractor6 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:50:11

Put an intensive conditioning treatment on tonight, then redo bleaching tomorrow.

balls2DWall Sat 08-Aug-15 20:51:41

i would do the same. condition give your scalp and rest and re do.

bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 20:52:23

With same bleach or different brand? I trust Jermone Russell but I've never had a reaction like this....

bringthenoise Sat 08-Aug-15 20:53:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

balls2DWall Sat 08-Aug-15 20:54:27

crap didnt know it was bleach. def hairdresser trip.

bringthenoise Sat 08-Aug-15 20:55:26

Griphook Sat 08-Aug-15 20:57:46

You need a toner on it to take the brassiness away. Mine did this once, I've never done it home since

crazyauntie Sat 08-Aug-15 21:03:19

DO NOT re bleach!! It's probably the worse thing you could do. You need to use a purple toner to get white blonde. Bleaching hair doesn't turn it blonde, just lightens the colour molecules to the lightest shade possible. If the purple toning shampoo doesn't work then it's definitely a trip to the hair dresses. I have learnt my lesson the hard way. In October last year my whole head went that colour so I bleach it another two times and my hair become over process and snapped right near the roots. I had to wear wigs confused I'm now able to get away with hair extensions but I would never ever repeat that mistake.

bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 21:03:58

I've bleached it before though - with this exact brand...! I was blondewith pink ends for a year! I don't.Know what this has done! sad

itsonlysubterfuge Sat 08-Aug-15 21:04:20

Don't re bleach your hair, that's really bad and damaging for your hair.

You shouldn't have left it on for an hour. If the bleach was hurting, it was probably burning you.

Follow other advice here and use a toner.

Pepperonipeteczar Sat 08-Aug-15 21:04:27

AIBU to think it's not that awful?

Pepperonipeteczar Sat 08-Aug-15 21:05:16

Oh the roots are very lemon cheesecake colour actually I didn't enlarge the photo

bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 21:06:45

Trust me it really is that bad! I'm cringing at the thought of keeping it like this... I'm not going to a hairdresser, ill get snark for not going in the first placeand then they'll charge me eighty bloody quid. I'll redo tomorrow and then use a toner on it.

Catswiththumbs Sat 08-Aug-15 21:16:03

Christ do not double bleach it!

Stick a toner on it and a deep conditioning treatment. You need to wait --at least--a few weeks before bleaching again.
Didn't you do the ends first, before doing the roots? Was the hair already coloured/bleached?

bringthenoise Sat 08-Aug-15 21:20:48

addictedtosugar Sat 08-Aug-15 21:26:08

Please don't bleach again. I'd also suggest doing a patch test in several weeks before you try anything with it. Conditioner tonight, and leave it as long as you can before trying too much more.

AngelWings74 Sat 08-Aug-15 22:04:04

Try to only go near the root area that u really need to lift.

Thisismyfirsttime Sat 08-Aug-15 22:06:59

If it hurt your scalp I'd be reckoning you're in for a bad night tonight. My head reacted to bleach one day after many, many previous bleaches and for about a year I had little scabs come up after bleaching (I carried on because I'm a fool!). If you wake up in the night with a burny, itchy like fuck head wash with shampoo immediately and go back to bed with towel dried hair, it will soothe it. Do not bleach again for a good month or so even if you don't get any problems overnight, you will develop them if you do! Obviously if you start swelling on your face see a doc asap.

bleachblondedisaster Sat 08-Aug-15 23:27:25

Okay, my scalp has started weeping. I don't know WTF has gone on, I've taken literally every precaution I could think of. I even let all my hair grow back and trimmed off the last of the pre-bleached hair a month ago, so that I could have a fresh slate. I'm not gonna rebleach, just get some toner tomorrow and slather it in all kinds of conditioner too sad hope it's going to be okay, this is by far the strangest experience with dye I've had...

Vycount Sat 08-Aug-15 23:32:39

If your scalp has started weeping then is it worth having a chat with 111? It sounds as if you have a reaction that is getting worse.
Anyway, you'd be daft to chuck anything on a weeping scalp, you need to get some advice before you do yourself more damage. I think the hair colour going wrong is the least of your worries tbh.

RainbowRoses Sat 08-Aug-15 23:34:04

If you scalp is weeping then I would just condition the length and ends of your hair, avoiding the scalp area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now