Talk

Advanced search

To be hacked off with changing products !

(6 Posts)
Bythedowns2 Sat 08-Aug-15 15:51:53

My dd has ezcema and sensitive skin, been using sunsense toddler milk sun cream for 3 years ( since she was 6 months) , the other cream that doesn't it irritate her skin . I recently purchased another bottle and noticed they had changed packing ing and called sunsense kids lotion, no mention of any other difference. It arrived today the ingredients have changed, it's thicker which clogs her skin, the uv rating has gone from 4* superior to 3 good!! I find it really irritating they make no mention of this on website. This cream is expensive too!!! Dd's skin has been a little irritated today , we have been through tons of cream trying to find alternative and no luck!!! Back to the drawing board for sumcream!!

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Sat 08-Aug-15 15:59:23

Does your DD have a consultant dermatologist? If so give them a ring and ask their advice or the nurses in dermatology.
DS uses sunsense roll on which he is fine with on his eczema, and they don't seem to have changed it. We get it on prescription, and your DD should be able to too, you just need to ask your gp surgery to check. My go didn't know she could prescribe it till I asked her to check, and they could. Also ask about silkies pjs or skinnies pjs, fantastic garments for them to sleep in, also available on prescription, which help to reduce itching and aid the absorption of creams.

Bythedowns2 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:04:18

Hi our gp won't prescribe it on prescription !!! Have looked at the list and tried all of the others on our sheet from dermatologist !!! I am not sure if the roll on is changing too!!

Bythedowns2 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:06:37

The roll on has changed recently new packaging and ingredients on website. Depending on where you get it from maybe why the old still available

ReginaFelangi Sat 08-Aug-15 16:22:40

We use ultrasun sensitive sunscreen when we absolutely have to. It's once a day stuff and is apparently suitable for very sensitive skins.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Mon 10-Aug-15 14:10:42

Oh no! I can't believe they have changed it. Well I will have to ask when we go back to clinic about what is going to be best now.
Sorry to hear you can't get it on prescription, are there any you can? I know my mum got a different brand on prescription (not sure what) that was fine on her eczema and she was covered head to toe with eczema.
Good luck with your search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now