Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit peeved?

(6 Posts)
jelliemint Sat 08-Aug-15 11:57:38

We are going on holiday later today. DH had a game of tennis to go to this afternoon before we set off. That is fine, thought we could get all the packing and stuff done before he went and be ready to set off as soon as he got back. At the last minute, he's decided to tack on a visit to his parents for a bit of lunch and a relax before tennis. He's just left having packed a bag for himself and leaving me with a list of stuff to do before he gets back as he won't have time to do it himself. That leaves me to pack up mine and DSs stuff, load the car, put the bikes on bike carrier plus loads of other stuff. AIBU to feel a bit peeved?

EastMidsMummy Sat 08-Aug-15 11:58:43

Yes. Don't put his bag in the car. Prick.

Earlybird Sat 08-Aug-15 12:00:49

Is this typical behaviour for him?

Sounds as if he is already in vacation mode....only problem is, your holiday hasn't yet begun!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 08-Aug-15 12:12:33

He's selfish, that's it really.

sadwidow28 Sat 08-Aug-15 12:14:15

Sorry but I wouldn't be doing everything whilst he is out 'relaxing'. I know it might appear to be cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I would only do the amount of packing that I expected to be doing before the lunch visit was announced.

Leave the bikes for a start. So what if you set off an hour later than planned. That's DH's fault, not yours.

Make sure you and DS sit down and have your lunch in a civilised, relaxing manner.

jelliemint Sat 08-Aug-15 12:51:36

Thanks all. Thought for a moment that I was getting my knickers in a twist for no reason. Like your suggestion sad. I'm just going to get ready at a steady pace and he can finish off what doesn't get done. He's normally very helpful so I was a bit flabbergasted, although he does have a tendency to be a bit clueless and possibly thinks that magic pixies do most of the work round here smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now