Talk

Advanced search

To think I Was rude to my neighbour?

(14 Posts)
EgyptianSnow Fri 07-Aug-15 20:51:40

I'm one of those over thinkers and I think my comment may have come across rude so tell me if you think so......
My neighbour who lives Below me, I saw him and he said he noticed my flat door had been changed and he wanted his done. I said to him I complained to the landlord about it and said I complained about the big gap under the door and the one flimsy lock and they changed it
Do you think i was rude?
Like he thought I don't feel safe with him there I asked LL to change it?
He carried on talking after but I did feel like I was rude, do you think so?

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 07-Aug-15 20:53:51

Well what did you mean by saying that?

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Fri 07-Aug-15 20:57:35

Depends how you said it. But I think I would have read it as you were worried about security in general, as in a fear of being burglarized whilst you were out etc.
If he wants the same I doubt he sees an issue with it.

FenellaFellorick Fri 07-Aug-15 20:59:34

I think you are overthinking it.
Unless you were glaring at him or something.
I would have taken it at face value and not inferred a rude meaning.

crustsaway Fri 07-Aug-15 21:01:19

I cant see how he would think that OP. Dont worry about it.

EgyptianSnow Fri 07-Aug-15 21:01:21

I just meant the door was flimsy so anyone could break in wasn't anything to do with him just in general. I also moved to the flat because I had a stalker ex so it was a lot to do with that but the neighbour doesn't know about my history

crustsaway Fri 07-Aug-15 21:03:11

I also had to move due to a stalker OP so im sure you're very sensitive to these issues at the moment, I know I was... it took me years to get over it.

CrapBag Fri 07-Aug-15 21:06:08

What. confused

I'm an over thinker and I have no idea how the would be rude at all. You were just saying your door is crap.

How does he know about your new door if he lives below?

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 07-Aug-15 21:13:51

How does he know about your new door if he lives below?
Good point! Maybe a stalker?

Other than that OP I wouldn't worry about being rude really

Jux Fri 07-Aug-15 21:26:53

I imagine he noticed whoever was fitting the new door, and heard the noise, and had a look to make sure op wasn't being burgled.

You are over-thinking. Nothing rude in telling your neighbour what you did to get a new door. Are you always this worried about standard conversations?

BitchBags Fri 07-Aug-15 21:28:56

No I don't think you were rude at all. Try not to worry, of he thinks you were rude then he will most likely to be the type who is very easily offended anyway

LeftMyRidingCropInTheMortuary Fri 07-Aug-15 21:31:22

You are definitely overthinking this, OP.
I mean this nicely but perhaps you need a few more things in your life to worry about!!

EgyptianSnow Fri 07-Aug-15 21:38:58

We have the same front door, then there are 3 flats. Mine goes upstairs, his downstairs and there's a middle flat which is vacant so he wasn't being nosey he couldn't miss it

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Fri 07-Aug-15 21:39:06

I Can't see how he would have heard that as meaning "I asked my LL to get me a new door because I think my neighbour will try to break down the flimsy one"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now