Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DH. Drink driving. Facebook. This one has it all!

(607 Posts)
monkeyfacegrace Fri 07-Aug-15 11:04:06

Im fucking LIVID with DH.

He went out for a meal last night. Came home at 11pm, and I got hit by the smell of beer straight away.

He said initally he had 4 pints with a big meal over the evening, today he has changed that to 3 pints.

Im literally fucking steaming. Im no goody goody, I drink like a fish, but Id NEVER consider getting behind a wheel.

What makes it worse is that it was a performance car he was driving, and he depends on his license for his job.

So, as well as possibly killing himself and others, he also risked his job, his home, everything. He had to come home rurally too, and the chances of hitting a deer or another animal at that time was increased. Not to mention teenagers hanging around during summer holidays.

Can you tell Im mad?

Anyway, I just let rip, publically, on facebook. He still doesnt think he has done much wrong and that Im over reacting. So Ive blasted him publically. I hope his boss reads it and I hope he is FUCKING MORTIFIED.

Its almost a deal breaker for me.

Anyway, Im wondering whether Ive made myself look like a twat for using facebook to shame him. Should I remove it?

frenchcheeses Fri 07-Aug-15 11:05:15

Surely if his boss reads it he may lose his job?

esiotrot2015 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:05:33

I don't think fb is the place for it tbh
If his boss sees it surely it will have implications for you as well and any family you have together

monkeyfacegrace Fri 07-Aug-15 11:06:53

Im not doing any more of his laundry. Im not cooking for him. Im not sharing a fucking bed with him. His life is going to be hell for the foreseeable future.

I didnt support him through cancer treatment for him to be killed drink driving.

FUCKING STUPID CUNTCHEESE.

Sockmatcher Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:00

Take it down. He could well lose his job anyway

LurkingHusband Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:08

Just out of interest, what law means everything on Facebook is true ?

Mind you, making up stories like this isn't a great indicator of intelligence, judgement or taste.

HoldYerWhist Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:21

Are you serious?

He needs his licence for his job?

What do you think will happen if his boss does read it???

Look, I think he's an arsehole. No questions.

But a Facebook blast??

Blueandwhitelover Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:27

Yes you should remove it unless you can afford to cope with the consequences of it. Hopefully, someone will already have screenshot it and people will know what he has done. Sadly, probably too late for the police to arrest him.
Secondly, he's a twat and you are right to consider it a dealbreaker.If his child had been hit on the road would he still consider it an over reaction?

Meechimoo Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:37

YABU. Why would you put anything on Facebook? Why do you want an audience for it? And if his boss has seen it, serious implications there.

SlaggyIsland Fri 07-Aug-15 11:07:43

I was totally with you until the Facebook part...

monkeyfacegrace Fri 07-Aug-15 11:08:35

Couldn't give a shit if his boss sees it. There's no proof now so nothing would be done.

Im not scared about implications for me.

Id rather be drastic now and possibly save a life. If he actually realised how serious it was Id be more forgiving. But he is just an arrogant arsehole.

Bullshitbingo Fri 07-Aug-15 11:08:48

Fb was a mistake. By all means go crazy at him, but immature and potentially career wrecking to plaster it all over social media.

Yanbu unreasonable to be mad at him though. I'd be telling him that if he ever even sniffs a drink before driving again, then I'd be out the door, and I don't say that lightly either.

Sockmatcher Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:03

And yes it would be a relationship changer for me too

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:09

I think you need to take the status down. It makes you look as stupid and childish as he was for drink driving.
Washing your dirty linen in public, and all that.

nonameatall01 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:14

I would remove the post from FB. Everything else you are being totally reasonable about. Did you think about reporting him to the police last night?

PrimalLass Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:23

You put it on Facebook? FFS, take it down. The rest, yes YANBU.

Bubblesinthesummer Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:37

You need to take it down. If someone was to see it and he did lose his job, how would you feel then!?

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:57

Of course you should remove it!

If my DH had a FB account and slagged me off publicly for any reason, I would be livid and very very disappointed in him.

Don't air your dirty laundry in public.

monkeyfacegrace Fri 07-Aug-15 11:10:24

Because he has NO remorse. He thinks Im over reacting.

I ripped him a new one last night verbally and he just rolled his eyes and said I was being dramatic and he was fine.

Its the sheer fucking arrogance.

Sockmatcher Fri 07-Aug-15 11:10:26

*he also risked his job, his home, everything.*

And so have you with your fb post

JackSkellington Fri 07-Aug-15 11:10:56

YANBU, but please take it off Facebook, you don't want other people getting involved and commenting and possibly enjoying the 'gossip'. Plus it sounds like you're annoyed at him risking his job so you might regret posting if his boss does see it.

StayWithMe Fri 07-Aug-15 11:12:02

You realise you've just done the Facebook version of Jeremy Kyle? Yes, get pissed of with him by all means but have some dignity. You're not covering yourself in glory airing your private arguments in public.

MaidOfStars Fri 07-Aug-15 11:12:11

YANBU to be this angry but YABVVVU to unleash your anger with him on Facebook. Deal with it "in house", like grown ups.

If my partner was prepared to do this to me (FB shaming and possible sacking), it would be a dealbreaker on my side. I wouldn't even look back as I walked out the door.

DirtyMugPolice Fri 07-Aug-15 11:12:20

Take it down. Don't live your life through facebook.

If you want to tell his boss then tell him but obviously you know there will be consequences from that!

If it is a deal breaker then end it,

monkeyfacegrace Fri 07-Aug-15 11:12:40

Its not our dirty laundry through. Its something that could affect any other member of public (that was my thinking anyway).

Nothing would be done now as there is not proof. To make things worse, he was out with work people including his boss last night.

He'd only lose his job if he lost his license.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now