Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to tape DP's face up?

(11 Posts)
HawkEyeTheNoo Fri 07-Aug-15 02:43:55

So... I've taken DC's and their friends late night swimming (finishes at 9), DP gone to the pub with the paper, couple or three or four pints, no prob, I'm chatting with DC's friends mum so get in with DC's about half ten ( it's the holidays..) DP has a couple of beers in the house, lovely chat. I've got a lovely gin and we go to bed to watch season 2 of Peaky Blinders (rock and roll... But DP has a new/better Jon starting on Monday so all in a great mood) lovely time upstairs (tmi probably) but he's started the snoring... Jesus holy god it's like fricken train! When I close his mouth it stops but I have to hold it there, if I move he is saying in his sleep "mmm what are you going to do to me" ewwww turn off! Even If I'm half asleep or totally in the mood ewww! Turn off! So AIBU to find a bit of a bandage or similar to wrap around his chin/head to stop the snoring and the eww talk? (To be fair it's normally me that snores and he has taped it before and I think I'm like concord landing, but the show is on the other door and I'm going to strangle him!) obviously totally lighthearted grin

HawkEyeTheNoo Fri 07-Aug-15 02:44:54

Even the cat is crying now because of the noise!

HawkEyeTheNoo Fri 07-Aug-15 02:46:59

Shoe is on the other foot! Damn you auto correct!

AnotherGirlsParadise Fri 07-Aug-15 03:09:13

Kill him. I'll cover for you grin

HawkEyeTheNoo Fri 07-Aug-15 03:25:56

Thanks another, so I was at yours and we were doing a cross stitch... grin

AnotherGirlsParadise Fri 07-Aug-15 03:34:22

We were! It was a Frozen one, we'd downloaded the pattern off of Etsy and everything - it's all in my purchase history yeah thanks, 4yo DS grin

Zillie77 Fri 07-Aug-15 04:15:03

Ha! Can I join the Convenient Alibi Knitting Circle?

Can't you just do what I do to my husband, give him a gentle poke in the ribs and ask him to roll on his side?

AnotherGirlsParadise Fri 07-Aug-15 04:21:19

A gentle poke? It takes a hairline fracture to get my DP to roll onto his side grin

cocobean2805 Fri 07-Aug-15 04:52:48

Mine doesn't snore as a rule, but when he does its like having a giant pug with congestion in bed next to me. I find a kick in the hamstring usually shifts him, that or pinching his armpit. He's a sleep talker sometimes though, my favourite from last week was a really low grumble of " take your knickers off" I have two blankets currently being crocheted, one of them has your alibi written all over it.

madwomanbackintheattic Fri 07-Aug-15 06:11:48

Elbow in the kidneys or re-enact your first aid training and roll that giant dude into the recovery position using the approved techniques for Much Larger People (oops, rolled off the bed).
I am still laughing at the show being on the other door, though. grin Dh does this wildly irritating circular breathing where he breathes in through his nose and then flaps it all out through his mouth. I knew buying him that damned didgeridoo wasn't a good idea. And while I can get away with yelling 'STOP SNORING!!' it always sounds a bit much to yell 'STOP FUCKING BREATHING!!'...

HawkEyeTheNoo Fri 07-Aug-15 09:44:05

Im laughing so much at these replies! He's up now, he's denying snoring... I've told him I'm doing a frozen cross stitch for the wall with my mumsnetter friends he says "that's nice dear" little does he know......wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now