Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To tell neighbours kids to stop ringing my buzzer?

(9 Posts)
CinnamonPeach Wed 05-Aug-15 20:48:46

Every time next door's kids want to get into the flat building, they ring MY buzzer. This has been going on for a month. I let them in the first time, but from then on i've just ignored them and put my my buzzer on to silent. I'm getting fed up with it now and I want to tell them to stop. They're a nuisance and the little one, who's about 6 keeps teasing my dog if I pass him in the hall way.

Should I tell them to stop next time they buzz or send a note to their mother? I hate confrontation so I don't know what to do.

CrohnicallyAspie Wed 05-Aug-15 21:03:20

Just a thought- how are the buzzers laid out- can they reach their own buzzer? Or do they ring it and no one answers? What changed to make them start ringing yours? Just wondering why they'd persist in ringing yours when you never answer it apart from that first time! Have you actually asked them not to? You could try answering to them and asking them why they keep ringing yours, if they don't have a good reason say 'this is the last time I'm answering it to you and I will put my buzzer on silent so no point you ringing again'

DoreenLethal Wed 05-Aug-15 21:09:00

why not find out why they are pressing it?

storytopper Wed 05-Aug-15 21:10:36

Speak to the parents - ask politely if there is a reason why the children are using your buzzer. For example, their buzzer could be broken. No need to get into a confrontation.

The parents must know the children are getting in by buzzing you.

To be honest, I wouldn't have let it go on so long - I think it is a real imposition on you,

honeysucklejasmine Wed 05-Aug-15 21:12:33

If its on silent, how do you know they still do it? confused

SaucyJack Wed 05-Aug-15 21:14:29

How naice are the parents?

I don't doubt they know full well that it's you who has to keep getting up and down to buzz their DC in. They're either pretending they don't know or actively encouraging their DC to do so.

If they're nice they'll just be embarrassed if you speak to them. If they're not......

SaucyJack Wed 05-Aug-15 21:15:01

How naice are the parents?

I don't doubt they know full well that it's you who has to keep getting up and down to buzz their DC in. They're either pretending they don't know or actively encouraging their DC to do so.

If they're nice they'll just be embarrassed if you speak to them. If they're not......

cleanindahouse Wed 05-Aug-15 21:15:24

My thouggts exactly honey

Salmotrutta Wed 05-Aug-15 21:16:34

Wire your buzzer up to the electricity supply.

Sorted.

.... Kidding, obviously grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now