Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of listening to this..

(51 Posts)
Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:03:40

Me and DH live in a teeny tiny house. Every night I'm subjected to a myriad of sounds and smells as he sits on the loo for 30 minutes. I know everyone poos but it's just so off putting. We have a young baby so I can't blare the TV to drown it out. I want to tell him to wait until he actually needs to go then spend 4 minutes in the toilet minus the huffing and puffing and explosions and squirty noises. Ugh.. AIBU to say something?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:06:56

What's it putting you off, watching the telly?

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:07:45

Not gonna sugar coat - it's putting me off any sort of romantic interactions!

TheChocolateDidIt Wed 05-Aug-15 09:08:08

Get an outside loo.

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:08:59

Maybe a bucket in the garden. Good idea

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 05-Aug-15 09:09:28

Does he shower before getting into bed?

Tell him it's unhealthy to sit pooing for 30 minutes.

JeanSeberg Wed 05-Aug-15 09:09:54

Does he have a medical condition?

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Wed 05-Aug-15 09:10:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Reginafalangie Wed 05-Aug-15 09:10:51

Wear earphones and listen to some music/audio book while he is in there.

Is this a new development, as in has it only just started to bother you or has he only just started to do it?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:10:58

Then I think you need to tell him. Sounds odd to me though, I fancy sex with my Dh whatever he does. Maybe I'm not the best person to be commenting.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 05-Aug-15 09:11:07

Eugh.

LokiBear Wed 05-Aug-15 09:12:20

My DH is the same. However, he insists he can't poop unless he reads.

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:12:33

He doesn't have a medical condition (as far as I know and we've been together years). I think from previous MN threads men are known for spending forever in the toilet but it's the gross sound effects. And no, doesn't shower before bed unless it's a particularly hot day.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 05-Aug-15 09:13:34

30 minutes is a long time... does he have a medical condition or does his diet need changing?

I used to have a boss - well he didn't spend ages but more than most of us 10-15 minutes and the stench afterwards was awful, I swear it was what he ate.

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:14:20

We've only recently moved into this very small house so the issue might not be new but it's only come to my attention since the move. I can wear headphones but I'm already scarred!

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:16:07

Sorry for drip feeding - he comes from a family of out loud farters. Even his mum just let's rip whenever and wherever so maybe it's just a lack of modesty around what is technically a totally natural thing but still yuck to listen to.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:19:36

Eugh, now you're not being unreasonable, yuk to listen to his mum farting and dispelling noise and smell wherever she fancies. Yuk yuk.

JeanSeberg Wed 05-Aug-15 09:23:53

Not to mention the pooh crumbs in bed!

Reginafalangie Wed 05-Aug-15 09:28:28

Poo crumbs?? Why doesn't he wipe? Is this a MN thing do people shower immediately after having a poo confused

GatoradeMeBitch Wed 05-Aug-15 09:30:13

ThickandThin - you really fancy your DH while he's shitting?! True love grin

Thatsafunnyface Wed 05-Aug-15 09:32:05

I'm sure he wipes! And can no clarify what "pooh crumbs" are - I have enough to deal with! wink

ReggaeShark Wed 05-Aug-15 09:34:57

Spat tea at "pooh crumbs". Yuck!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 09:35:32

Yeah, I don't mind it actually. I don't like bathroom habits of other people, hearing pooing and farting and peeing even, but Dh and the kids (and the dogs!), no I don't mind it.

Reginafalangie Wed 05-Aug-15 09:43:05

I still fancy my DP regardless of his bathroom habits! I tend not to think about it. I have heard him doing a poo/farting while on the loo but I don't give it a second though. He is in the appropriate place so what could I complain about.

I nodded off on the sofa on Sunday afternoon, farted in my sleep-woke myself up and he just laughed said I looked shocked gave me a kiss and carried on reading the paper. As long as he isn't doing a dump in the middle of the kitchen floor what people do in the bathroom is personal.

ReggaeShark Wed 05-Aug-15 09:44:14

Slip some laxatives in his Frosties, then he'll have to go at work. And it won't take half an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now