Talk

Advanced search

baby stuff

(16 Posts)
ghostspirit Tue 04-Aug-15 00:38:49

posting here for traffic. i use a baby carrier. but i dont know what to use for baby stuff. i dont want to use a back pack. as they shout mug me. i dont want to use a shoulder type bag either. it can be quite small. i need to fit in 3 nappys. and baby wipes. it can be something that maybe clips on to my jeans or maybe on to the baby carrier.

any suggestions. or what do you use. thanks smile

DoJo Tue 04-Aug-15 00:46:27

A bum bag? grin

ghostspirit Tue 04-Aug-15 01:02:48

yes smile i forgot all about them. had one as a kid in the 80s grin

2boysnamedR Tue 04-Aug-15 01:08:50

One of those compact change mats from JoJo? They have a Velcro wrist strap but more for putting over a pram handle I think?

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+red-polka-dot-compact-changing-mat-in-baby-changing-bags-and-mats+b1534

They have three compartments and I can get wipes, nappies, cream, nappy sacks and money in mine.

ghostspirit Tue 04-Aug-15 01:14:07

thanks 2boys would still need a bag to put it all in. i dont carry all that stuff.just nappys and wipes

Ham69 Tue 04-Aug-15 01:19:33

How about a backpack for bulkier baby stuff and a small cross body bag for valuables (mobile, keys, wallet, etc.)? At least the heavier stuff would then be evenly distributed and not cause back pain and valuables would be easily accessible,

BertieBotts Tue 04-Aug-15 01:24:02

Just a handbag with a long strap would do, then. I just bought one from Primark for about a tenner recently.

But I do think some carriers have accessories. What kind of carrier is it?

PlummyBrummy Tue 04-Aug-15 04:02:32

Pacapod?

Waffles80 Tue 04-Aug-15 04:44:57

What kind of carrier do you have? I have an Ergo which has pouches on the front big enough for a few nappies / wipes etc.

Sighing Tue 04-Aug-15 04:51:29

I had a small (toiletries sized) bag that attached with d clips to my infant carrier and my ring sling. If you have a bag the size you're after with a couple of loops or a belt loop you could probably improvise.
I used a backpack and carrier mostly. But I suppose it depends where you live / your fear of crime.

Ungratefulmoaner Tue 04-Aug-15 07:39:53

A pink lining mum on the run bag?

AnythingNotEverything Tue 04-Aug-15 07:50:25

Skip Hop Prontos are good - it's a mat wrap with pockets for nappies and wipes. You could clip it to the cling or your belt. They come in patterns too.

www.amazon.co.uk/Skip-Hop-Pronto-Changing-Black/dp/B000F1SCJK

Littlecaf Tue 04-Aug-15 07:52:00

I have a fold up Skip Hop change mat which holds 3/4 nappies, wipes etc. Similar to the JoJo one above. Can you clip onto carrier? I bought a larger cross body handbag and it goes in with keys/purse/phone etc. I didn't like any of the traditional changing bags. However when he's in the sling I do use a back pack (a naice Hershel one) as I need a bit of counter balance and the cross body handbag just doesn't work.

ILiveOnABuildsite Tue 04-Aug-15 07:55:21

I Have something almost identical to the folding changing mat in 2boys link. Mine has a little hanging strap/handled with clip designed to be clipped either on pushchairs or carriers. I couldn't see from the link if that was the same for that one but they are certainly available if you look for one. I often don't bother with the nappy bag and just clip this on the outside of my handbag it's very convienient and works very well. Worth looking into I think.

ghostspirit Tue 04-Aug-15 09:23:31

skip hop still looks big. plus dont need changing mat

MrsAukerman Tue 04-Aug-15 10:34:16

#nikkispunkinpatch

This was on a fb group I'm on called DIY babywearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now