Talk

Advanced search

To think it's me.

(8 Posts)
HobbitMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 23:14:52

It feels like every time I try to organise anything with my friends, they are always busy. I understand that they have other commitments but they always seem to be free for things others have organised.
This isn't a new experience and I'm getting a little fed up of trying to organise anything when no one comes.
I know I'm probably reading too much into this and taking things a bit personally, but it gets me down.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 03-Aug-15 23:19:33

Maybe yabu. Maybe not.
Do you get invited to other things?
Have your/their circumstances changed?

I had a really good friend when our dcs were in nursery together.
But recently, she has been busy every time we suggest a meeting. ( lunch/beach/park... All different), but then suddenly, she gets a day off and invites us somewhere, so my thoughts of being "let down gently" all seem unfounded.

crustsaway Mon 03-Aug-15 23:20:13

That must be really upsetting OP and I would also take it a bit personally. Are you in a "group" sort of friendship here?

If it helps, I only have 3 people I class as very good friends, the rest are a bit fairweather.

HobbitMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 23:24:35

To be fair I do get invited to some of the things; although not all of them. I just find it hard when they post pictures of the play dates they've had for their dc where they know I can see them and yet never seem to be free when I want to do something.

HobbitMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 23:28:10

Glad it's not just me crustaway.

HobbitMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 23:29:06

Glad it's not just me crustsaway.

crustsaway Mon 03-Aug-15 23:31:08

Theyre the fair weather type then arent they.

I met a lot of people when DS was little but most have fallen by the wayside.

It's not you, it really isnt.

HobbitMummy Mon 03-Aug-15 23:45:15

Thanks, that makes me feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now