Talk

Advanced search

Loud neighbours!

(9 Posts)
Sapphire18 Mon 03-Aug-15 21:16:03

AIBU? Live in an apartment, new people just moved in upstairs. Generally they are fine but they have a habit of talking REALLY loudly on the phone on their balcony / keeping their balcony doors open. They are right above our heads and all I can hear is this phone conversation as if it's in the same room! I think they don't realise how loud it is. What do we do - ignore it? Speak to them? Put a note through the door from us? Put a note through the door pretending to be the apartment management?

Collaborate Mon 03-Aug-15 21:48:12

Stand on your own balcony and have a similar conversation. When they realise what they can hear of you, maybe they'll moderate their volume. Or you could make it a 3-way conversation.

In the alternative, just speak to them.

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 03-Aug-15 21:53:44

Like Collaborate says, join in, but pretend that they're talking to you, not on the phone, so repsond to each comment/question of theirs as if it was directed at you.

I think they'll soon clock on.

Sapphire18 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:01:43

the phone conversation's in another language though?

Collaborate Mon 03-Aug-15 22:53:37

Are they Spanish by any chance? My in-laws are Spanish, and they talk really loud.

Diamondjoan Mon 03-Aug-15 23:00:52

I'd give them a few days to settle in and find their feet, as they're new they're probably not yet aware what other flats can hear through the walls, from other balconies etc. If they don't keep the level down after a few days or a week have a word. A note through the door is a bit passive aggressive I find though.

lunalelle Mon 03-Aug-15 23:52:25

Yep...DH is from a Spanish-speaking country and can be heard for miles on Skype smile

RosePetels Tue 04-Aug-15 02:02:46

I would trade you your loud talkers for the elephant who lives above me, I would trade music players, screaming babies, loud sexers anything I would rather have than Mr stomp stomp i refuse to wear slippers.
On that not I say yabu

Happy36 Tue 04-Aug-15 03:04:56

Good idea from Collaborate.

They have probably not realised yet how the sound travels.

If you do the "mimic them" plan and it doesn´t work, go upstairs and have a friendly word.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now