Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you do your blended family photo albums?

(6 Posts)
robinlovesfatman Mon 03-Aug-15 18:41:39

I'm finally getting round to doing my eldest DC's photo book. Ex and I split up when DC was 5 months and DC now has step dad. She remains close to hee dad. I never look at old albums of me but she loves photos of herself so she would prob like an album or two! Do I do a baby to five book where the beginning has her biological father and then in year four pics of her and step dad or do them separately?

Options are A)baby's first year and then 1st year to five B) baby to five or C) five books for first five years.

Thanks!

DJThreeDog Mon 03-Aug-15 18:44:56

The clue is in the name. BABY books. So just put the nicest pictures of her in regardless of which person is in the picture with her. She'll know who they are!

Baby to 5 would be my vote. My boys are 6 I still haven't done theirs blush

robinlovesfatman Mon 03-Aug-15 18:57:44

Thanks dog!

robinlovesfatman Mon 03-Aug-15 19:09:42

Just worried she may be sensitive about the whole issue when she gets older

DJThreeDog Mon 03-Aug-15 19:23:26

It sounds like she has a good relationship with both the men in her life, so I wouldn't worry smile

I mean this kindly, but I think you may be overthinking it a bit!

fastdaytears Mon 03-Aug-15 21:50:05

My photo albums go back to the early 80s. No blended families just being one of the weird kids whose mum's name was different to theirs when school gave out letters! But anyway they have a crazy mix of dad and stepdad. Now I'm old enough to stick in my own photos I mix up my giant family quite freely. The albums are for people who mean a lot to me and my dad and stepdad are both pretty amazing. Don't overthink it- just make it a record of how much your DC is loved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now