Talk

Advanced search

about burning in the middle of the day!

(7 Posts)
solidarityplease Sun 02-Aug-15 21:32:03

I'm still bloody cross about this, a few hours later.

Next door but one neighbour only moved in a few weeks ago. This afternoon was the second time they have decided to burn a massive pile of what I am guessing is garden rubbish in their back garden.

I was in the garden with DS and my DPs having a lovely time in the paddling pool, two loads of washing on the line, all windows wide open, enjoying the beautiful weather.

As we live in a row of Victorian terraces, the gardens are extremely close to one another. You can see for quite a way who is out enjoying their garden, has washing out, or windows open etc.

Why do people fucking do this in the middle of the day? On one of the sunniest afternoons of the year?! It put an abrupt stop to our lovely afternoon, we were forced inside because of the smell and plumes of smoke, two loads of washing ruined and although I rushed round to close all the windows the whole house stank.

DS then had to go to sleep in a hot, stuffy room that stank of smoke. Just so annoyed at how much some people just don't give a shit at all about those around them.
Take it to the fucking tip like the rest of us have to!

They're inconsiderate arseholes, right?
Or aibu to be this pissed off?

WorraLiberty Sun 02-Aug-15 21:36:53

I love bonfire smells but I think they're better suited to the evenings, so YANBU.

Very inconsiderate during the day.

solidarityplease Sun 02-Aug-15 21:40:54

Absolutely, burn away in the evenings, when it's dark and most people will be indoors with their windows closed.

Why choose a sunny sunday afternoon?!angry

RiverTam Sun 02-Aug-15 21:45:06

Twatty. Bonfires are for dank miserable autumn evenings, not lovely sunny days when people have their windows open, washing out and are enjoying their gardens. It's very pervasive as well, far more so than BBQ smoke.

FuryFowler Sun 02-Aug-15 23:20:55

Tell them that they can drop their garden waste off at the tip for free, or suggest they use their green bin.
There is never any need to have a bonfire!

BitchBags Sun 02-Aug-15 23:36:31

Yanbu. They are being very selfish

emotionsecho Sun 02-Aug-15 23:41:41

I thought burning garden rubbish wasn't allowed any more and yes they are being selfish and inconsiderate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now