Talk

Advanced search

to ask for your top de-stressing tips

(35 Posts)
ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 18:49:09

because I actually feel like I may explode

My normal ones aren't working (vodka, running, more vodka)

I am moving house (hopefully Friday) it was supposed to be the 31st but buyers solicitor fucked up - so I had to cancel builders, carpet fitters, removal etc

then my removal firm couldn't move me this week

My furniture delivery from Ikea didn't arrive - it's take 3 days of being on hold to sort (fingers crossed)

ex was supposed to clear the garage (full of his stuff mainly) has done half and is moaning

I am at work next week

I am up to my eyes in boxes

The people at the tip no my name

The kids are hyper and I am too shouty

They go away Thursday and I have to pack for them as well

My brain is actually hurting

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 18:49:59

and I have lost the ability to distinguish between No and Know ...

londonrach Sun 02-Aug-15 18:52:54

Lavender....warm bath. Good book. All electrical devices turned off. Write down everything you worrying about before going to bed as you dont have to remember them...by morning they gone..

EatDessertFirst Sun 02-Aug-15 18:54:00

Colouring.

I've recently discovered adult colouring books. Most theraputic activity ever, and you can fit a book and pencils in your handbag.

That said, you clearly have a massive amount on your plate. I think my head would explode with all that going on!

No further advice, but flowers and cake and LOTS of wine for you!

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 18:54:04

thank you x

EatDessertFirst Sun 02-Aug-15 18:57:38

Definately yes to writing stuff down. I make lists every day and have a notebook/pen in my bedside drawer on case I wake up in the night worrying about anything.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 19:24:17

I will keep my note book by the bed

I do find lists help me get things straight in my head - I am definitely a solution focused stresshead

chinam Sun 02-Aug-15 19:29:46

Indian head massage. You will float out on a cloud.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 19:32:00

Chin do you think I can bribe a child to do this?

(lovely suggestion but I dislike touch sad I could go for a killer sport massage though - that I can tolerate

I am going to get a colouring book as well - I have building work to cope with in the new place! and some lavender bath stuff

londonrach Sun 02-Aug-15 19:32:49

Colouring pages... www.muminthemadhouse.com/2015/04/19/free-colouring-pages-for-adults/

londonrach Sun 02-Aug-15 19:33:42

I like the butterfly and heart ones..

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 19:35:31

Lovely grin thank you x

WoonerismSpit Sun 02-Aug-15 19:38:06

Hamsters are a good stress reliever.

grin

londonrach Sun 02-Aug-15 19:40:35

Before you print op make sure you click without advert....enjoy......if you near i have lavender coming out of ears as i overbought some lavender bags for my patients whilst on holiday in france.

londonrach Sun 02-Aug-15 19:45:42

Wooner im worried. What you doing with the hamsters. Can i suggest a stress ball? grin (lighthearted)

WoonerismSpit Sun 02-Aug-15 19:48:33

Haha that sounded awful didn't it! grin

I was trying to help ghosty's daughter in her hamster quest!

Quiero Sun 02-Aug-15 19:53:59

I think firstly accept that some things are beyond your control. Try to only deal with/worry about what you can control.

Lists, lists and more lists. Always helps.

Don't worry about work. If I remember rightly you do the same job as me so I know you can manage your own caseload to an extent. Do the urgent stuff and put everything everyone else off.

Sit down with the kids and tell them that they have to cut you some slack (if they're old enough to understand).

And keep running...and drinking heavily grin

goodcompany2 Sun 02-Aug-15 19:55:14

Sex...

CheesyDibbles Sun 02-Aug-15 21:14:23

I had a shitty day yesterday and got into bed with a glass of white wine and plugged myself into Netflix. I watched 'What we did on our Holiday', which I loved.
Also agree with lots of lists - my god, I love lists.

PurpleDaisies Sun 02-Aug-15 21:18:19

Body combat. Punching things really helps me.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 21:18:25

thanks lovely people x

I am listing like mad

Quierio I am up to date on most of my kids - a few bits to do and hopefully I can have Weds off - work is a nightmare as well as we are all being redeployed and I have workshops and interviews all arranged for days I don't work grin I have asked if I should bring all 3 children with me!

I am off to watch shite TV and drink Vodka x

ghostyslovesheep Sun 02-Aug-15 21:19:22

oh yes Purple I weight train and channel my anger into loud angry grunts! - very nice

Haggisfish Sun 02-Aug-15 21:20:46

Some alcohol and a good walk.

PurpleDaisies Sun 02-Aug-15 21:21:56

Yes to loud weights! I was just about to finish swimming the other day when some twit with no idea of lane etiquette annoyed me and I ended up staying in for another forty laps. Exercise is definitely my best destresser.

Or if that's not possible a glass of wine, headphones and a really good book.

Quiero Sun 02-Aug-15 22:43:30

Sept Guarantee/offers of learning, keep those NEET figures down Ghostys grin The fun never ends!

Hope all goes well with your move and you find a bit of time for yourself flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now