Talk

Advanced search

To ask family and friends to think of something else to buy me as a gift

(5 Posts)
Marmite27 Sun 02-Aug-15 12:38:42

And I have new bottles waiting to be opened of at least 4 of these.

It's lovely and generous of them, but please, no more perfume, I don't have space!

Newtobecomingamum Sun 02-Aug-15 12:58:56

Haha mu hubby and I are like you! We couldn't face asking people so we keep them unopened and palm them off as gifts to other people for birthdays and christmas hehe we save a fortune and don't hurt other peoples feelings! Just make sure you don't give the wrong one back to the person that got it for you ha!

SrAssumpta Sun 02-Aug-15 13:07:35

I'm a perfume fanatic so it's always been the easiest option for everyone which I was more than happy with but when it was literally getting too much I just said it in normal conversation like "Oh god I'm on a perfume ban now, my collection is getting ridiculous" could you do something similar?

BaronessTeapot Sun 02-Aug-15 13:30:17

Go and roll around in a bed of nettles and suddenly develop an allergy to perfume. grin

Earlybird Sun 02-Aug-15 13:35:32

In our family, adults make a list of things they want/need for Christmas and birthdays. Takes away the element of surprise, but ensures you receive something you're happy about and takes pressure off the gift-giver to conjure up a 'good' gift.

One acquaintance even went so far as to make a very specific list - i.e. 'red shirt with buttons down front from Whistles, size M.' But, it ensures that she gets things she'll use and enjoy.

So my advice is give your family / friends some ideas of things you'd like to receive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now