Talk

Advanced search

30s 'role models'?

(5 Posts)
pinktrufflechoc Sun 02-Aug-15 09:57:13

I was thinking about this from the madonna thread and I wondered if anyone can suggest some 'good' role models (thinking appearance and general demeanour!) in their 30s.

I feel pretty scruffy at the moment but I don't want to dress like a youngster - couldn't pull it off anyway - but also don't want to look frumpy!

So I am wondering if you are in your 30s if you could tell me about clothes, makeup, anything like that - and any ideas as to who I can model myself on!

carrie74 Sun 02-Aug-15 10:16:21

For style ideas? Ooh...

Olivia Palermo
Alexa Chung
Rosie H-W

I would say don't be too quick to 'dress your age'. I had a real loss of my sense of self in my early 30s with two tiny children, and couldnt work out how I was supposed to look or act. Eventually I realised I just needed to be me again, and dress the way I wanted.

I'm now 40, I think dress appropriately but still in a young way: still wear trainers, Ts and jeans, but better cuts and fabrics and good accessorising.

Fashion blogs are great inspiration too, and can save you trawling through the shops and online.

whothehellknows Sun 02-Aug-15 10:25:59

Can you think of anybody you know whose style you like? I find pinterest really good for pinning different looks and ideas. My best role model is actually a friend who is 50. She looks fab and has impeccable taste, so if I look half as good when I'm her age, I'll consider myself blessed.

pinktrufflechoc Sun 02-Aug-15 10:34:21

carrie I'll have to google those people!

I love Pinterest but I'm just too fat for most of the things I like, or they're too expensive!

Fluffybear86 Sun 02-Aug-15 11:50:51

Holly Willoughby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now