Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have hidden DHs tablet..

(65 Posts)
Fatty12 Sat 01-Aug-15 20:54:22

Evening

I'll try writing this as nicely as I can, eventhough I'm literally fuming.

It was a close relatives wedding today which me and DH were due to attend at 12.30pm until DH decided at 10am this flippin morning that he had decided to not go because he 'just didn't feel like it'.
No friggin valid reason, no notice, nothing! I was left to go alone because HE could not be asked. angryblush

Now wait for the best part..

He.knew I was not happy so to avoid argument he decided he needed an urgent trip to the local market and to get a haircut hmmconfusedangry. 20 mins later he left the house without his phone and at that point I had no idea where he was and whether he was actually serious about not going.

So before I went I thought I'll hide his tablet rather than arguing because he can't live withput his tablet - literally!

He's been rummaging through everything to find it all day smile

As angry as I was; this has made me so happy grin

Can i just add he did have a haircut and bought stuff from the local market. He wasn't out cheating just to make that clear lol

Fatty12 Sat 01-Aug-15 20:55:48

Just realised the typing errors - sorry..

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 01-Aug-15 20:57:00

Normally I'd say that's awful and controlling but in this case he really deserves it. Did you go alone?

MelanieCheeks Sat 01-Aug-15 20:57:51

It's a bit childish, of both of you.

andthenagain Sat 01-Aug-15 20:58:25

He is an arse letting both you and the bride and groom down.

Seriously is he usually this much of a knobhead?

gamerchick Sat 01-Aug-15 20:58:39

I can understand why you've done it yes.

Are you going to come clean or just put it in a really obvious place tomorrow?

GGabcd Sat 01-Aug-15 21:00:04

You both sound like my 6 year old.

Are you sure you're old enough to be married?

Fatty12 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:00:25

Yeah. I went alone. It was his nieces birthday yesterday, I'm pregnant, feeling awful beyond words but still went with him - which I now regret.

Our relationship is generally really good, until he does something like this to just piss me off.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 01-Aug-15 21:00:57

I'd be furious too.

pinkyredrose Sat 01-Aug-15 21:01:14

He sounds like an areshole.

Fatty12 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:01:33

I'm going to give him it now; I think I'v had my fair bit of amusement from hiding it. smile

Getthewonderwebout Sat 01-Aug-15 21:02:07

He's very rude to have not gone, presumably leaving you to answer "where's DH?" all day.

Childish to have hidden the tablet. But I get why you did it!

Didn't take long for "controlling" to be thrown into the mix, did it?hmm

Fatty12 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:04:01

Yeah exactly. I hate lying, but didn't want to make him sound bad - so I made an excuse and used it for the whole time. blush

AuntyMag10 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:05:54

You seem to be all chuffed as if you've taught him a lesson, but you're very childish. He's terrible to have ditched you at the last minute with no reason, and you hiding his tablet confused you both need to grow up before the baby arrives.

Milllii Sat 01-Aug-15 21:09:14

Why did he not want to go with you and look after you though, make sure your ok and all that. Seems a bit off.

Pippa12 Sat 01-Aug-15 21:12:21

Ha! This is something I'd of done! I'd be bloody furious with my DH if he behaved like this and agree his attitude need seriously talking about when the air is cleared. But high five for making his day as miserable as yours flowers

ilovesooty Sat 01-Aug-15 21:19:56

His behaviour was unacceptable. Your response was childish.

Duckdeamon Sat 01-Aug-15 21:22:22

So you're alright and back to normal with him now because you've punished him? confused

Anniesaunt Sat 01-Aug-15 21:25:41

Didn't want to make him look bad? He'll mend him, I wouldn't have lied, he made himself look bad.

Gruntfuttock Sat 01-Aug-15 21:51:52

I agree with all the previous posters that you sound extremely childish and IMO quite frankly pathetic. I sincerely hope you grow up before you have your child. You really need to.

ziggyziggy Sat 01-Aug-15 21:54:00

yanbu, it's quite funny i think! sounds like he deserved it.

PoppyAmex Sat 01-Aug-15 21:57:29

I think you have bigger problems, if you're "literally fuming"

ouryve Sat 01-Aug-15 21:57:45

It's rather petty, but I can understand your fury.

And you make it sound like he has a habit of pulling these stunts? Does he? Was it your close relative, rather than his? If so, would he do the same sort of thing where his own family is concerned?

esiotrot2015 Sat 01-Aug-15 22:16:10

You sound surprisingly calm about being married to a twat ! What if you'd gone into labour while he'd gone off without his phone ?

AliceScarlett Sun 02-Aug-15 07:42:14

You sound about 5. Maybe he had a really good reason as to why he didn't want to go but he just couldn't tell you. I think what you did was mean and the amount of pleasure you appear to be gleaming from it makes you come across as cruel. YABU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now