Talk

Advanced search

To tell her what I really think?

(6 Posts)
FuckOffPeppa Sat 01-Aug-15 16:32:25

I have a "friend" who for various reasons I think I am going to have to back away from the relationship with.

There are some things I would like to say to her regarding her child, who I feel she is essentially neglecting. She's put her through a lot over her little life and refuses to try to make things right, she just palms her off on family (not a healthy environment for any child to be in as they are quite toxic which she knows but cares about having free childcare more), won't try to build a relationship with her or get her help for her issues. She feels it's more important to work on her own happiness so spends all her time reading self help books while ignoring her child. Am I being very judgemental and superior for having issues with how someone else parents their children?

It probably wouldn't make any difference if I told her what I think, so for that reason I probably wbu. But maybe she just needs someone to point it out to her?? Wwyd?

AuntyMag10 Sat 01-Aug-15 16:34:08

If she is a 'friend' and not a friend then yabu as you should know that your advice won't be well received.

pictish Sat 01-Aug-15 16:36:27

Keep schtum. Unless she actively asks, do not offer your opinion of her parenting. It won't be at all welcome.

LilyMayViolet Sat 01-Aug-15 16:43:34

I wouldn't touch that situation with a barge pole op. In my experience people very, very rarely take kindly to unsolicited advice on parenting!

reni1 Sat 01-Aug-15 17:20:26

Don't get involved. If it truly is neglect inform social services, otherwise keep out. If you are not close enough to take advice from her, she won't appreciate it from you either.

It can be tempting to leave with a parting shot, but you won't get any satisfaction from it and it won't change anything for her dd.

FuckOffPeppa Sat 01-Aug-15 18:21:47

Yes, you are right, I think. I will leave quietly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now