Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to find this a little odd.

(5 Posts)
CoolAs10Fonzies Sat 01-Aug-15 15:05:21

today we found out that dp is now divorced and that his ex wife also married her OM last week.

we found out from the children as they have just come back from a 10 day break with their mum.

I find it odd that 1) dp was not aware of the divorce being finalised and 2) that exw never said anything about getting married beforehand

ok, fair enough it may have been a secret and really none of dps business but they communicate a lot so it surprises me a little

I have no idea how dp cannot know about his own divorce, we have moved so letters may have gone to old address perhaps.

I feel weird about it. Dp doesn't seem to mind at all, he says he has considered himself divorced for a long time anyway

maybe he knew and kept it from me incase I expected him to marry me grin

QuiteLikely5 Sat 01-Aug-15 15:19:16

Move on. They are no longer anything to do with each other. I really don't see the point of contacting past exs to tell them you are married to someone else.

It ain't their business and it definitely isn't yours.

Be pleased it's all signed and sealed.

ollieplimsoles Sat 01-Aug-15 15:24:28

Ooh that is a bit weird that the kids just came out with it. How does your ex feel about the OM and the kids, do they are get on ok?
Other than that just let it lie I think, she's moved in, you two are happy. A line has been drawn!

CoolAs10Fonzies Sat 01-Aug-15 15:33:46

naturally dp isn't keen on OM but he is good with the children and that's all dp is concerned with tbh

the only thing dp worries about is that exw may try to change boys surname now that they are married. can she do that?

crazykat Sat 01-Aug-15 17:16:08

If your dp is on their birth certificate then she'd need his permission to change the children's last name.

It's strange that your dp didn't realise he's divorced though, he should have received a copy of the decree nisi and decree absolute (I think that's what they're called). If you think it's gone to your old address then he needs to chase it up incase you do want to get married in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now