Talk

Advanced search

About Angel perfume?

(222 Posts)
Ejzuudjej Sat 01-Aug-15 13:47:30

Surely there are others who agree this is what hell will smell like.

I am a perfume-lover and can usually tolerate all the strong ones - Guerlain, Calvin Klein etc. but there is something about this perfume that makes me feel ill. I can smell it a mile-off.

A woman in my office wears it. She is lovely, but I can't stand to be near her, or be in a room she has been in.
I know I am being unreasonable really, but do people really think this smells nice?

Yes, I do

There's a shit ton of perfume that I think smells awful that others adore...its individual tastes like anything else

thenumberseven Sat 01-Aug-15 13:52:21

I feel like you about this particular perfume.

missingmumxox Sat 01-Aug-15 13:53:15

I can't stand it either

Yepyep333 Sat 01-Aug-15 13:53:23

I love it and have worn it everyday for years grin

TheBeagleHasLanded Sat 01-Aug-15 13:55:19

I like it too

swallowed Sat 01-Aug-15 13:56:37

Too heavy and sweet for me.

But perfume is a matter of individual taste obvs, so neither of you are BU.

Getthewonderwebout Sat 01-Aug-15 13:57:00

I love it. Have used it for years. Couldn't give a shit if it's not to someone's liking.

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 01-Aug-15 13:58:28

It's horrid stuff.
And no one who wears it seems to have mastered the art of applying gently.

TantrumsAndBalloons Sat 01-Aug-15 14:08:07

I love it, I wear it all the time.

There's loads of perfumes I don't like. That's life.

Ikeameatballs Sat 01-Aug-15 14:09:25

I like it on others in small doses but can't wear it myself as it gives me a horrid headache.

anonacfr Sat 01-Aug-15 14:13:14

It's one of those love or hate smells.

I personally hate it. Makes me gag.

I'm the opposite, I can generally only tolerate the lightest spritz of fresh, citrussy fragrances, things like Obsession and Poison can give me a nauseous headache, in fact virtually all well known fragrances are too strong for me yet I like Angel. I've never owned any, but spray it on in shops occasionally.

GahBuggerit Sat 01-Aug-15 14:13:52

im no delicate dora but give me the smell of shit, sick, dog crap, rotten food, impacted faeces breath and dead animal carcass anyday over the smell of Angel. the name is an oxymoron if ive ever seen one!

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Sat 01-Aug-15 14:15:06

I love it, and Alien! Was wearing Angel one evening when a young couple came running up behind me to ask what it was as the girlfriend really loved it.

I also used to love Poison, many years ago, but the woman I shared an office with asked me to stop wearing it, as it made her feel sick. Of course, I didn't wear it to work any more. grin

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 01-Aug-15 14:16:45

I used to wear it when I was young. Now I can't bear it, it's so sickly.

DurhamDurham Sat 01-Aug-15 14:17:58

I love it, it's my perfume of choice when I'm going out an an evening. I'd probably not wear it as work........I tend to wear Next or Elizabeth Arden during the day as it's cheap and cheerful but smelled nice.

EvansOvalPiesYumYum Sat 01-Aug-15 14:18:20

Sometimes fragrances can smell differently on different people - all to do with the chemical reaction with the skin. My Mum once bought me a Van Cleef & Arpels, and know she spent a lot on it. It was just AWFUL and I really hated it, but couldn't tell her as I didn't want to hurt her feelings, just hoped she didn't ever buy it again

sweetkitty Sat 01-Aug-15 14:22:16

I got a bottle as a gift I hated it and DH said I stank to high heaven, it's definitely a Marmite perfume

Quietlifenotonyournelly Sat 01-Aug-15 14:23:20

I don't like it at all, to me it stinks absolutely horrid. But as pp have said some people wear certain perfumes better than others, something to do with our own body chemicals I think.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 01-Aug-15 14:25:05

Too sweet for me but I know some people find my favourite perfume (Shalimar) too heavy so it's individual taste I suppose.

Lndnmummy Sat 01-Aug-15 14:25:15

I hate it with a passion. When I was pregnant my boss who wore it everyday gave me migranes. I had to ask HR to move my desk

GhettoFabulous Sat 01-Aug-15 14:26:15

I actually passed out once at work when a colleague wore it. It smells like burnt toffee apples with an undercurrent of wet dog. Nauseating.

anonacfr Sat 01-Aug-15 14:29:31

I agree with different smells on different people but Angel is one of those that smells rank on everyone.

Most perfumes fade and 'evolve' on the skin after a few hours. Angel just smells cloying and sticky and yuk.

grin

Years and years ago my sister wore Femme de Rochas. It's one of the few that I find worse than Angel. I swear it smells of arsehole. Literally.

The80sweregreat Sat 01-Aug-15 14:45:07

I once had a bottle and gave it away, it also gave me a headache.
Pretty bottle and shape ( might have changed now, this was 2000 ) i cant wear perfume i discovered after trying others! Saved dh a fortune in smellies.
Even hate walking past perfume counters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now