Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone has tried the forever living stuff, (but not gone on to sell it)?

(5 Posts)
whothehellknows Sat 01-Aug-15 12:11:28

I know everybody seems to be selling the stuff, and that people who use it get a commission when they recruit other salespeople. That makes it pretty difficult to get an idea whether any of the products are any good.

Has anybody actually used the stuff, even if you haven't gone on to sell it.

TRexingInAsda Sat 01-Aug-15 12:16:33

I've bought some. It's really good (the cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc). I have sensitive skin and acne and most products make me red or spotty or react in some way, but these are really effective and gentle. Not enough for the 26 quid or so price tag though. If I ever get rich I would buy them again though.

nuttybananas Sat 01-Aug-15 12:48:53

I was given some of the aloe propolis cream for my son's eczema. It made that worse and seems to have quite an ingredients list that isn't very natural but I've been using it as a hand cream and think it feels and smells lovely - but will not use it on the kids anymore. I believe it's quite expensive so although I like it I probably won't pay the inflated prices and get some l'occitane

MissBattleaxe Sat 01-Aug-15 13:08:24

If you do a quick search you will uncover some very informative MN threads about FL, both the products and the company ethic.

IMO the products are over priced and all evidence of benefits appears to be anecdotal rather than clinically proven.

ThatJustAintCricket Sat 01-Aug-15 13:18:30

If you find a product you'd like to use, buy the ingredients separately and make your own. I use 99.9% pure aloe gel on my skin everyday and I love it - £5 for a 350ml bottle from my local health food store.

Looking at their aloe cleanser, I would buy aloe gel, jojoba oil, vit c serum and mix it together with added water. Much more cost effective. If you research DIY skincare, there will be many, simple ways to create your own. I made my own oils for the OCM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now