Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed at dp for been ill

(21 Posts)
Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 07:44:51

Ok so i know he cant help it!

But he has woke the kids up at 4 this morning throwing up (been up ever since!) on the one day that i had a lovely childfree day planned and a night out together that's been long overdue.

He's obviously got some sort of bug so everything will have to cancelled. Just feel so annoyed. I've been too ill to even enjoy the last two holidays that we've been on and never get any child free time. I feel like I could just walk away from it all now sick of all the bugs and never getting to do anything nice!

I am been a total drama queen but I'm exhausted and the kids are totally trashing the room and will not listen to me as usual!

ahbollocks Sat 01-Aug-15 07:48:07

Gutted! Take the kids to softplay and junkfood and give the man some peace, hope it's not catching

Euphemia Sat 01-Aug-15 07:49:16

When he's better, sort out the fact that you never get any time to yourself. That's unacceptable.

woowoo22 Sat 01-Aug-15 07:50:45

Put the telly/dvd/netflix on and give kids drinks/snacks.

ALWAYS happens on holidays. The amount of people that get sick over the Christmas hols having been going at full pelt December is crazy. Think your body gives up.

Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 07:56:51

It will be catching and no doubt we will all end up with it just feel so defeated and pathetic at the same time!

There's never really time to have any me time dp works 6/7 days a week and when I'm not at work I'm with the kids as gps look after them while I'm working so don't feel like I can ask them to look after them just so I can have some time to myself.

I've already paid for where i was going today and is non refundable so its £100 i scrimped together down the drain and no hope for re booking in near future argh!

Scoobydoo8 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:03:26

Wipe everything - door handles, toilet handles, toilet seats, taps. Use separate cups, forks etc for DH

Keep them away from him.

Maybe the kids can help, give them some wetwipes (but don't throw them down the loo). And get them to wash their hands regularly. Make avoiding DH's horrible germs a game.

woowoo22 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:10:41

Can you ask GPs to take the kida today? Anti bac everything and be rigorous about handwashing. Can you find a babysitter to pay for future?

Spartans Sat 01-Aug-15 08:10:58

Yanbu to be disappointed

Yabu to be annoyed at him. As you said you have been ill on the last 2 holidays. Shit happens.

Despite Euphemia saying it's unacceptable. I remember having no 'me time' between work, dhs work and the kids. It was impossible. Either working or having the kids. Me dh worked opposites shifts as much as possible to reduce the amount of childcare we needed.

If it something you can do, but don't. Sort it out when he is better.

If you just can't get any me time, like our situation above....just remember that this too will pass.

Sorry you have had you plans ruined.

We the kids staying out overnight? Could they still go and at least have a night in without the kids. Even if dh is in bed.

SnakeWitch Sat 01-Aug-15 08:18:50

I just started a near identical thread in chat. I totally sympathise, I could sit and cry! I don't think you are annoyed with DP as such, more the situation. flowers

Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 08:22:50

My eldest was stopping out and got a friend to sit while youngest in bed. Will still let DS stop out so will get some respite tomorrow morning from all the fighting!

Gps cant have them today as they are ill too have been all week so wouldn't dream of asking.

Scrubbed everything but i know from experience it rarely stops it spreading in our house. Can handle the kids getting it but i have a huge phobia of being sick so if i start i think i might just have a breakdown. This year has just been one crappy thing after another!

Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 08:24:30

SnakeWitch definitely the situation and won't take it out on him but at 5am a part of me felt like screaming at him!

Hope your day improves flowers

Janek Sat 01-Aug-15 08:31:33

Is it worth ringing the place you were going and appealing to their better nature? It's not like you would be asking for your money back, just a credit note for another day. You would not be any worse off than you are if they say no and they might say yes.

SnakeWitch Sat 01-Aug-15 08:34:06

Yours too, funky. I would offer you a brew but I'm too scared to have one myself 'just in case!'

Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 08:37:38

Haha im the same! I'm starving but daren't eat in case i start!

Funkymusic Sat 01-Aug-15 08:40:32

It was a group thing Jane so would have to go on my own if they would let me go another time which tbh would be no fun alone sad

ArmfulOfRoses Sat 01-Aug-15 08:48:53

I think you should try ringing the place you were going today, and asking for a credit note.
They might not, or may do 50%, but definitely worth asking whilst crying

Janek Sat 01-Aug-15 09:23:12

Oh bum, that's doubly heart-breaking. Poor, poor you. X.

rosesanddaisies Sat 01-Aug-15 09:28:07

Yes, how DARE he be ill on your day off? Selfish bastard.

CamelHump Sat 01-Aug-15 09:30:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 01-Aug-15 09:47:17

It's rubbish when you make plans and then one of you gets sick sad unfortunately, nothing much you (or he) Can do. I'm a teacher and if I'm going to get ill, it's always when the bloody holidays start! Christmas is the worst as it's such a long term so I'm ready to drop by the hols.

Anyways, antibac everything, take the kids out so that there is less chance of them catching it - they may well avoid it.

Then tonight, with your eldest out and your youngest in bed relax with wine and chocolate!

Hope your DP feels better soon.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 01-Aug-15 10:29:22

Well it's wrong to be annoyed at him, as you say "He can't help it". But you are perfectly reasonable to be nuclear at the situation. It's horrible when you're looking forward to something and your plans get sabotaged.
Yes there is no right to get sick but why does it always insist on happening at the bloody wrong time.
Hope he's better soon. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now