Talk

Advanced search

To feel powerless?

(12 Posts)
chinam Fri 31-Jul-15 23:33:13

The couple in the hotel room next door are having a fight. There is at least one child in the room. The husband has slapped his wife at least four times. Furniture is being dragged around the room. The poor child is crying about her mummy. I rang reception. They sent security up but all they told them to do is be quiet. Thankfully my DC are sleeping right through but I am so worried about the women and child. What kind of bastard beats his wife with his child in the room?

Euphemia Fri 31-Jul-15 23:34:31

If it's ongoing, phone the police.

backwardpossom Fri 31-Jul-15 23:36:41

I'd phone the police too. Horrible.

Goldmandra Fri 31-Jul-15 23:37:13

Definitely call the police.

RonaldosAbs Fri 31-Jul-15 23:38:26

You aren't powerless, call the police.

mrsfuzzy Fri 31-Jul-15 23:39:19

security ? sounds total crap for a start, call the police.

Hellion7433 Fri 31-Jul-15 23:40:18

Police

Imnotaslimjim Fri 31-Jul-15 23:41:23

Please do call the police, give them the room number and give as much info as you can. That poor child

Birdsgottafly Fri 31-Jul-15 23:41:47

""What kind of bastard beats his wife with his child in the room?""

This may sound harsh, but what sort of person listens to a woman being hit and a child suffering abuse and doesn't phone the police?

Birdsgottafly Fri 31-Jul-15 23:43:15

Actually, the Security are breaking guidelines by not informing the Police, but the response to DV, still varies and is still ignored (even by the Police).

chinam Fri 31-Jul-15 23:45:07

Sorry, should have said we are on holiday abroad. I don't speak the language or even know how to give directions to where we are. Things have gone quiet but I am still shaking and I only had to hear it. Poor woman having to live with it. I will get help to call the police if he starts up again.

Birdsgottafly Fri 31-Jul-15 23:57:33

Accepting DV, might be cultural, so it's tough to know what to do.

Even if you make a fuss, the Woman may still feel responsible.

It would be awful if the whole family was asked to leave, hopefully they will be asleep soon and you won't be witness to anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now