Talk

Advanced search

I'm making a cake tomorrow

(14 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Fri 31-Jul-15 22:02:33

for the dog, it's his birthday. AIBU?

urterriblemuriel Fri 31-Jul-15 22:05:31

Lol, I've never had a dog but if you enjoy baking and want to spoil him then why not....so YANBU! It could look like sh*t too and he wouldn't mind.

What sort of cake (just out of curiosity)??

Suefla62 Fri 31-Jul-15 22:06:58

We used to make our dog a cake from mince with cheese candles.

Dampfloor Fri 31-Jul-15 22:09:53

I made this one for mine she loved it! We had a piece too but it was a bit bland.

YADNBU grin

msgrinch Fri 31-Jul-15 22:11:00

I think it's lovely. Happy birthday to your dog! my cat and I share a birthday so she gets a salmon steak while I drink wine grin . 30th of June is a beautiful day in this house.

FlowersAndShit Fri 31-Jul-15 22:20:46

Thanks grin I'll be making a normal sponge with blue buttercream (boy dog!) so we can all eat it.

ollieplimsoles Fri 31-Jul-15 22:25:12

Marking my place I so want to see a photo of the dog eating it, preferably with a little party hat on, what breed of dog do you have op?

LemonPied Fri 31-Jul-15 22:28:10

I made the cat a cake. It was essentially a tin of Sheba with Dreamies stuck in it with a delicate scattering of tuna on the plate. We sang. The cat ignored it. I should have expected it with her being a cat.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Fri 31-Jul-15 22:42:50

Loling@ the mince cake with cheese candles!

CharleyDavidson Fri 31-Jul-15 22:50:20

This makes me think of Blue Peter and the dogs eating their birthday cakes every year.

ElizabethSpenser Sat 01-Aug-15 01:02:09

Happy birthday DDog!

Fatmomma99 Sat 01-Aug-15 01:38:30

Sorry to be a cow, but you lost me when you said it was a cake you could all eat. One step to far for me, I'm afraid. (And I say this as someone who (with gritted teeths) buys our dog Christmas Presents because DD wants dog to have them).

Just make sure there's no raisins - they're often hugely allergic.

FlowersAndShit Sat 01-Aug-15 11:17:59

He's only have a little slice, it was an excuse to try out my new oven too.

DoJo Sat 01-Aug-15 11:46:13

So long as your dog doesn't refuse to eat it all day in his birthday, then insist that you go out somewhere for dinner that turns out to be closed before eating the whole cake while you are at work tomorrow...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now