Talk

Advanced search

to still fancy Paul Hollywood

(25 Posts)
GwenTen Fri 31-Jul-15 20:40:29

I know I shouldn't but I definitely would. Dammit. He's a fifty year old fat wife cheating baker. But he's gorgeous.

wankerchief Fri 31-Jul-15 20:42:01

I'd knead his dough balls.

Yanbu

Kayden Fri 31-Jul-15 20:46:14

YABU. He's unattractive, smug and once a cheater, always a cheater IMO.

FarFromAnyRoad Fri 31-Jul-15 20:48:36

I'm not sure that's true Kayden - not in every case.
In any event I'm not sure it's fair to let that one transgression colour his whole future. His wife took him back - that was her prerogative and it's not for us to knock her choices.
He's good looking but a little bit too in love with himself for my tastes!

DoctorTwo Fri 31-Jul-15 20:49:29

You'd shag Captain Fatpants? shock

nooddsocksforme Fri 31-Jul-15 21:36:43

totally up himself and therefore very unattractive imo

luckiestgirlintheworld Fri 31-Jul-15 21:39:19

I DEFINITELY would.

unlucky4marie Fri 31-Jul-15 21:41:31

Yabu. He's obese and a tosser.

SnapesCapes Fri 31-Jul-15 21:42:15

We went to see him do some sort of talk last year as MIL is very much in lust with him. A few frenzied 40-somethings were calling rude comments at him from the audience and he looked mortified, I don't think he's as comfortable with the knead-my-doughballs as he's made out to be.

I also don't find him attractive. I do, however, have a massive lady crush on Mary Berry. I'm less than half her age and couldn't have pulled off that floral Zara bomber jacket. She's immense.

Babyzoola Fri 31-Jul-15 21:43:13

Ooooh I love him to....it's the eyes grin

Number12 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:54:22

Noooooooooooooooo yabvu. I want to slap that smug sneering grin off his face.

Bleugh.

sweetkitty Fri 31-Jul-15 22:01:53

Nah he's a sleazeball

WheresTheHoneyMummy Fri 31-Jul-15 22:07:07

SnapesCape fabulous name - my 20 year old DS has a massive crush on Mary Berry, he's so excited that Bake Off starts again next week. Not sure what his very young and very beautiful girlfriend thinks of his MB crush!

Therewere5inthebed Fri 31-Jul-15 22:43:36

I had a massive crush on him until my DD (7yrs) renamed him Pork Hollywood, that spoiled it a bit for me.

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 31-Jul-15 22:45:41

If he was chocolate he'd eat himself.

TTWK Fri 31-Jul-15 22:47:33

Charlie Brooker had it right.....a laser eyed barn owl.

rebellove Fri 31-Jul-15 22:48:53

Yanbu. It's is accent and his twinkly eyes that do it for me smile

rebellove Fri 31-Jul-15 22:49:22

*his

MadameJulienBaptiste Fri 31-Jul-15 22:49:58

I paid good money to see him on his tour last year. Didn't pick up much baking tips but did get to sample a cake.
However was most out off by the way his warm up man made all the emphasis on us all supposedly being there because we fancied ph, not for the baking.
Tosser.

GwenTen Fri 31-Jul-15 22:53:34

Pork Hollywood and Captain Fatpants grin. I agree with everything everyone says - good and bad. He's like a guilty pleasure. I always wonder what he'd look like without his goatee beard.

bettyberry Fri 31-Jul-15 22:55:01

I don't know what I don't like about him but I really don't like like him. Gregg wallace too... ugh.

BalloonSlayer Fri 31-Jul-15 23:04:24

I have posted before on here about him - never having watched him - only due to reading the interminable, fawning articles/interviews with him in the Radio Times.

I may well paraphrase but in my memory they went something like:

Radio Times Q&A interview

Q Do you watch yourself on TV?
A No! I can't bear to [OK that's what everyone says . . . then it went on!] People say I am sexy but I don't believe them. People say I look like Elvis but I just can't see it.

hmm hmm hmm aw haw haw - thang yew vereh murch hmm hmm hmm

fat Vegas Elvis + 10 years maybe

More recent one, referring to how he felt about being separated from his child due to him cheating on his wife

"I see him X times a week/month. Recently he said he had been asked by school to write about someone famous and that he was going to write about me. I said 'I'm not famous!' and he said 'Yes you are Dad.' I cried!"

Mumsnet have not invented the emoticon I need for that one.

Basically, if David Brent could bake cakes, he would be Paul Hollywood.

toffeeboffin Sat 01-Aug-15 02:13:34

Oh, I would. Not sure why, but I would. His eyes are incredibleblush

BeautifulBatman Sat 01-Aug-15 02:16:12

Yanbu. I would.

DoctorTwo Sat 01-Aug-15 05:42:19

Basically, if David Brent could bake cakes, he would be Paul Hollywood.

David Brent is the fictional equivalent of a yeast infection so...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now