Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why some people use AIBU.

(10 Posts)
ithinkalittlepeecameout Fri 31-Jul-15 10:18:40

A lot of posters become unreasonable on here when they don't get the replies they wanted/expected/hoped for.
Surely they expect some disagreement or they wouldn't be asking the question in the first place.
Yes there are a lot of nasty mean spirited people out there, there are also a lot of people with genuinely sincere advice. Take the good with the bad I say, or don't post.
SO my AIBU is AIBU to think this?smile

Fatmomma99 Fri 31-Jul-15 10:40:30

I think there's a part of all of us that hopes the world will agree with us. It can be hard when it doesn't!

WorraLiberty Fri 31-Jul-15 10:44:20

Some people just want a pat on the back or to be told "You sound lovely OP xxxxx"

"AIBU to help my elderly neighbour?"

"AIBU to give money to charity?"

"AIBU to hate racist comments?"

Yeah, you're an utter cunt confused

Fatmomma99 Fri 31-Jul-15 10:53:38

Cynical, Worra!

WorraLiberty Fri 31-Jul-15 10:59:40

You're only saying that because you're such a lovely person Fatmomma thanks xxxxxxx

Bailey101 Fri 31-Jul-15 11:01:08

I have to agree with Worra - loads of posts are just a stealth boast about how wonderful and selfless the OP is.

morelikeguidelines Fri 31-Jul-15 11:02:15

Undoubtedly the above is true. But some people just want advice and post her for traffic.

KittensOnAPlane Fri 31-Jul-15 11:16:58

well thats tough in my view, re posting here for traffic -

i hate the fucking stealth boasts, worry about the trolling, and also worry about the people that put up with so much crap from their OH/MIL/NDN etc and then eventually come on saying

my OH/MIL/NDN treate me and my family like total and utter shite for no reason at all, am IBU to water their plants while they are away even though they havent asked me because i am worried the plants will suffer if i dont?

Fatmomma99 Fri 31-Jul-15 11:20:38

You too, Worra. flowers back xxxx

p.s. You forgot that my life is also shiny and perfect, as am I, DH and DD.

The dog, however, is less than, but we love her anyway.

ithinkalittlepeecameout Fri 31-Jul-15 11:26:00

I do a lot of "Whaaaaaat?" as in Seriously!!!!/ That must be a wind up/ You have got to be kidding/Who would ask such a stupid question?
I honestly have no words sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now