Talk

Advanced search

to think that the mediation process is an expensive waste of time?

(6 Posts)
beanabonce Thu 30-Jul-15 15:17:38

Exactly that really.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 30-Jul-15 15:18:53

In what context?

DoubleNegativePanda Thu 30-Jul-15 15:31:34

I suppose it does depend on context, but in my personal experience it was a complete and total waste of time and money. Mediator was clearly a sexist pig and directed the "agreement" to my ex's benefit, putting my daughter and I into a really crappy custody arrangement where she was fucking miserable for the next three years until I took the fuckwit back to court and got residential custody.

I accept not everyone has such a negative experience with it, though.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 30-Jul-15 15:34:42

I meant, is it child arrangements, employment, divorce, business? Lots of mediation happens.

beanabonce Thu 30-Jul-15 16:23:18

Child arrangements. I've offered to meet up with xp offered my proposal for contact dates and birthdays and the rest of it and he feels mediation is necessary. I think its a waste and over priced! My solicitor has agreed that if we draw up an agreement Amongst ourselves She'll sign it and pass it onto his to do the same. My xp wins others over easily so I know I'll waste money and look like an arsehole!

beanabonce Thu 30-Jul-15 16:24:15

(We haven't met up or spoken about suggestions for contact, just the mediation itself)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now