Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to panic about my mum? (Handholding poss)

(3 Posts)
Rubgyshapedlegs Thu 30-Jul-15 14:27:57

She is 69, and was diagnosed with coeliacs last year. She's had some odd gastric symptoms for a few months and has had blood tests which were all clear apart from slightly low platelets.

She had another endoscopy on Monday and the consultant wants to see her tomorrow morning.

WTF? Am trying to stay calm!sad

ILiveOnABuildsite Thu 30-Jul-15 14:40:48

I'm so sorry to hear about your worries, I don't know anything about coeliac disease but I didn't want to read and not reply. My experience (which is obviously just me personal experience) with consultants is that they like to see you and talk over results, discuss treatment and pathways and such, it does not necessarily mean bad news. I'm also a big believer of trying to hold on worrying until I know I actually have something to worry. I'm not trying to say your unreasonable to worry because you are not but I'm hoping to give a little support until your mom's appt.

Hope she receives good news.

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 30-Jul-15 14:43:33

[hand] my sister is 50 and last year had similar. It turned out she had a slow bleed which had just been leaking away...nothing sinister at all...she had a couple of little things which weren't ulcers...they were like nodules or something but they'd been irritated.

It could just as likely be similar or one of many other harmless or treatable things.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now