Talk

Advanced search

To sell dds games console?

(13 Posts)
Supervet Wed 29-Jul-15 23:31:45

Its a console and games and hasn't been used in four years at all, not even switched on, she also has a tablet she uses all the time and a very old Nintendo ds original thing she hardly uses. She asked me to sell the console ages ago but I forgot, I asked her a few days ago what she wanted to do and checked a few times before listing. She agreed, I listed and sold, the woman is collecting on Friday and now dd she's kicking off she wants it.

The woman has my address and phone number , I tried to put her off but she still wants it.

The money is going to dd anyway, she knows this. We have merlins wand tickets for a day out and she will want spends (legoland), we are skint and she's wanted to go for years and I know she will flipping want something.

if I let her keep it she will have no spends at legoland and the damn console will sit and rot after a novelty couple of days.

MakeItRain Wed 29-Jul-15 23:34:51

Oh grit your teeth and sell it! It's not like you didn't give her enough chances to think about it. She'll hopefully feel differently once she's got the money for it.

CamelHump Wed 29-Jul-15 23:35:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catzpyjamas Wed 29-Jul-15 23:37:27

YANBU and I have had a similar conversation with DD today about selling a bike that's too small and some plastic toys tat that are gathering dust. She needs a new bike and this is the only way she can get one but the strop she pulled over it was OTT. I'm still selling it. She will love her new bike as your DD will love her day out and visit to the gift shop!

BadLad Wed 29-Jul-15 23:37:35

I wouldn't let her go back on it now. It's a good lesson in not messing people around. If she wanted to sell it and someone agreed to buy it, and then pulled out, she'd be pissed off, so it should work both ways.

YouTheCat Wed 29-Jul-15 23:43:21

Definitely don't let her back out.

Supervet Wed 29-Jul-15 23:50:30

Thank you!
She's screamed and shouted and threatened to tell my Mum who bought it her circa 8 years ago or somethinghmm it only still flipping works because it's hardly been used! There's a high school musical game so that's how old it is.

RonaldosAbs Thu 30-Jul-15 01:01:43

Follow through. I've had this with mine, they soon forgot it as soon as they got the money hmm

sykadelic Thu 30-Jul-15 02:14:45

What kind of console? Some of those things are worth SERIOUS money if they're in working condition. Depending on what it is.

p.s. If it's portable, never have someone you don't know meet you at your home to pick up an item. That's incredibly risky.

guiltynetter Thu 30-Jul-15 06:47:04

sykadelic people who sell on gumtree etc or eBay pick up only sales do that EVERY day, it's not that risky...

nooka Thu 30-Jul-15 06:52:20

If it's only eight years old and has a high school musical game then I'm guessing it's probably a Wii. For serious money you'd need to be going several generations back and also probably for original packaging etc. My dh collects old games and old consoles and none of the consoles have cost very much - some of the rarer games can go for a lot though.

AspieAndNT Thu 30-Jul-15 07:01:23

As you have Merlins magic Wand tickets I am assuming (apologies if incorrect) that there is SEN?

My son has ASD and behaves exactly the same over ANYTHING that is going. I sneak stuff out of his room that I know he won't even realise has gone otherwise it is WW3!

For example, I cleared out a load of baby books for the charity shop(he is nearly 12 and a prolific reader) but he spotted them and snuck them all back in! He hasn't read them in years as they have barely any story to them!

BadLad Fri 31-Jul-15 07:24:59

Very few consoles are worth serious money. If it is a limited release, and it is complete in its box,then it might be. For example the 20-year anniversary PlayStation 4 fetched roughly double its price on ebay around new year.

If it's a bog-standard console that everybody else has, then it probably isn't worth much at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now