loader

Talk

Advanced search

The government should provide a mobile app for splitting the housework

(18 Posts)
Hannahouse Wed 29-Jul-15 08:16:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thatstoast Wed 29-Jul-15 08:19:31

I'm not sure it's a responsibility for the government. Maybe a budding entrepreneur?

GoodbyeToAllOfThat Wed 29-Jul-15 08:21:05

Far better left to those who understand apps. A great idea, but let's not look to the government for technology innovation.

ssd Wed 29-Jul-15 08:21:25

it's called having a conversation these days, you dont need an app.

Nolim Wed 29-Jul-15 08:22:45

If that entrepeneur can enforce the division of work among the participants it would be a gold mine.

TheBobbinIsWound Wed 29-Jul-15 08:23:27

My partner and I enjoy "conversations"

It happens when you remove technology and view the person you live with whilst conversing with your mouth (like Skype but in real life) Totally novel but really works.

morelikeguidelines Wed 29-Jul-15 08:26:21

I think it's a good idea, but maybe something a company should/could do for money, not the government.

Ok you can have a conversation, but there are lots of apps that help you sort out things that could be solved in other ways. No one would be forced to use it.

SchwarzwalderKirschtorte Wed 29-Jul-15 08:38:13

My partner and I enjoy "conversations"

It happens when you remove technology and view the person you live with whilst conversing with your mouth (like Skype but in real life) Totally novel but really works.

We do this at meal times too, often while discussing each other's day and how things are going. Sometimes we even leave the internet off and stay at the table chatting for the evening. It really helps you keep in touch.

bakingaddict Wed 29-Jul-15 08:41:55

I think a better app would be don't get together with a wanker who won't pull his weight

waitaminutenow Wed 29-Jul-15 08:46:33

Is this a joke suggestion??? If so....lol...I actually think the government should just provide free household help (means tested obviously)..... if you're on benefits etc you should have a cleaner in your home every day. If you work....then maybe a cleaner once a week!! Pahahaha....

HagOtheNorth Wed 29-Jul-15 08:47:14

'I think a better app would be don't get together with a wanker who won't pull his weight'

grin You mean an app like a fb quiz, where you'd click various options and it would tell you
'He's a lazy sexist arse'
'Congratulations, you are a doormat'
'You have a relationship based on mutual respect and awareness'
'He's a cocklodger'

Now that might be useful for so many.

bakingaddict Wed 29-Jul-15 08:55:05

I think you've taken my idea and made it so much better Hag! Let's become App multimillionaires together��

Dinnerfor1 Wed 29-Jul-15 09:21:15

I really don't see why you need an app to work this out? I definitely don't see why it's the governments responsibility to sort it out?!

fourtothedozen Wed 29-Jul-15 09:27:19

A joke- right?

Or maybe the government could provide free housekeepers for everyone.

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Wed 29-Jul-15 09:30:52

There is an appointment for that! It's called respect for each other.

Birdsgottafly Wed 29-Jul-15 09:34:31

It's for the government to control what is taught in schools etc, so sexist crap dies out.

Then it needs to make sure that the provision for children and families, doesn't put children in poverty, if they are being bought up in LP households.

"The Government" have just scrapped the anti-child poverty measures, so that isn't going to happen until we have a Labour Government again.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 29-Jul-15 09:37:52

government + technology usually = pile of buggy, unsecure shit that's obsolete before it's launched, incompatible with anything else in the world ever and cost at least 5x the market rate to develop.

Meanwhile, Fairshare looks like it might do what you want smile

TheBobbinIsWound Wed 29-Jul-15 21:24:35

Schwarz

gringringringringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now