Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to send ds to nursery?

(12 Posts)
breadstixandhommus Tue 28-Jul-15 22:20:20

My ds is 3 and attends nursery 3 days a week. On Saturday his big sister (dp's dd from previous relationship), who he adores, is coming for 2 weeks.

I feel ds should still go to nursery 1 day each week dsd is here but dp is unsure. I know it sounds odd but, on the couple of occasions I have kept him home when she comes down, he has really struggled on his first day back (I'm talking full on tantrum and screaming as I try to leave).

AIBU to feel he still needs the 'normality' of nursery when his sister comes? FWIW, ds is an emotional mess when dd returns to her mum's and it takes a good week for him to realise she won't be coming back for a while sad

PurpleSwift Tue 28-Jul-15 22:22:09

For one day a week I'd still send him. It'll give you one on one time with dsd too

stickystick Tue 28-Jul-15 22:22:09

Why would he not go to nursery 3 days a week as usual?
He'll see her in the evenings and on the other eight days of the fortnight when he's not at nursery.

PurpleSwift Tue 28-Jul-15 22:23:22

Sorry I read wrong, but yeah I'd still send for 3 days for the same reasons.

hibbleddible Tue 28-Jul-15 22:25:00

Yanbu, I would keep his routine the same to avoid disruption.

Jengnr Tue 28-Jul-15 22:26:20

I would send him still, yes.

breadstixandhommus Tue 28-Jul-15 22:28:35

I really don't want to send him for the 3 days as dsd lives 400 miles away so only get to see her in the holidays and, as I said, he adores his big sister so I think it would be a shame to put him in nursery when we're all off doing nice things (plus I would feel really guilty that he's missing out).
I'm struggling with the concept of one day but he really struggles going back.

BrianButterfield Tue 28-Jul-15 22:28:42

I would send him. Routine is good for little ones and it will do him good to be "one of the crowd" for a while.

MrsSpencerReid Tue 28-Jul-15 22:29:29

I'd send him all the days you usually would, for all the reasons already stated!

morelikeguidelines Tue 28-Jul-15 22:30:15

I would send him for one day (or how ever many works for you).

I assume the reason he.might not go as normal is that you and dh are off? And that you presumably don't need to take him to nursery in those circumstances.

But no reason not to give dsd a bit of time without him there, more to the point.

breadstixandhommus Tue 28-Jul-15 22:35:06

Another reason more why I think ome day is a hood idea. On that day I plan to make myself scarce so dsd and dp get 1-1 time as that has seriously lacked the past couple of years

LokiBear Tue 28-Jul-15 22:37:14

I'd send ds and spend the day with your dsd giving her some 1:1 attention. Rather than say you are doing it to keep ds in his routine spin it to say you are giving dsd some time with you and her dad all by herself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now