Talk

Advanced search

to not to the shift now?

(7 Posts)
Altinkum Tue 28-Jul-15 07:41:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ItsMeImHere Tue 28-Jul-15 07:44:50

I think it would be reasonable to refuse to do it. You asked them to let you know in a way that was best for you, but they ignored that and didn't exactly respond within a reasonable time frame. Unless ypu particularly need the income from the shift, then it's fair to say no.

Have a lovely day with your children smile

Flossyfloof Tue 28-Jul-15 07:46:16

I think I would do it but speak to whoever organises the shifts to make sure that they have your info written down. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face - but I can see why you are irritated.

Flossyfloof Tue 28-Jul-15 07:47:56

Oops sorry if your children know about the plans that might be different! <unhelpful>

FishWithABicycle Tue 28-Jul-15 07:49:53

Yanbu to refuse to do it. Reply saying "sorry, only just seen this - I did say that I would need confirmation ASAP by phone - unfortunately it is now too late for me to arrange alternate childcare."

Altinkum Tue 28-Jul-15 07:55:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoreenLethal Tue 28-Jul-15 08:22:33

you won't look a right twat if you say 'Sorry, as I explained, I needed to know by the home phone last night so that I could sort childcare. Maybe next time'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now