Talk

Advanced search

To have summer lie ins?

(10 Posts)
TwinkieTwinkle Tue 28-Jul-15 01:30:10

I'm lucky enough to work part year, meaning I get the majority of the summer holidays off. I am a single parent, we have had our foreign holiday doing the swimming pool every day and a couple of theme parks. Ds is 8.

Now that we are back home, the weather is shitty and I'm in heaven in my own bed, am I being unreasonable to just let Ds get up in the morning, get his cereal and watch cartoons for an hour whilst I -snore like a pig lounge in bed?

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 28-Jul-15 01:34:23

Go for it! No guilt at all! envy Jealous face as I try to feign sleep whilst being bounced on by one and four yr old at stupid o clock in the morn! grin

muminthecity Tue 28-Jul-15 01:43:44

YANBU at all! My DD is 9 and quite enjoys a lie in herself. It is rare in the summer holidays for either of us to be out of bed before 10am unless we have plans to go somewhere. It's lovely, and one of the main perks of a term time only job IMO!

TwinkieTwinkle Tue 28-Jul-15 01:45:28

Oh I don't miss those days! The comfiest moments in bed are just as you fall asleep and that moment when you just wake up and snuggle into the cover. Ds can watch stampy fucking longnose without me whinging about his voice.

TwinkieTwinkle Tue 28-Jul-15 01:48:58

muminthecity we've actually done that as well. A couple of days ago I was reading the news on my iPad and realised that it was 9.30 and hadn't heard a peep from ds! Went through and he was just lying in bed, reading Percy Jackson. Quite happy!

Priceypizza Tue 28-Jul-15 01:53:28

Ooh enjoy dd is 12 and loves her life ins unfortunately day at 14 is up.every morning at 5am [sobs]

Priceypizza Tue 28-Jul-15 01:54:10

+ he is severely autistic!!

muminthecity Tue 28-Jul-15 01:55:09

It's lovely, isn't it Twinkie? I'm a single parent too, and sometimes DD will get in bed with me when she wakes up and we'll both read our own books, or I'll browse the internet on my phone while she does the same on her iPad, stopping occasionally to tell me something interesting she's read, or show me a funny video clip. On days like that we sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. I'm making the most of it while it lasts, pretty soon she'll be a stroppy teenager and won't want to spend her summer mornings snuggling with me!

muminthecity Tue 28-Jul-15 01:56:07

Sorry Pricey, x-posted with you, didn't mean to sound so smug! That must be really tough for you thanks

TwinkieTwinkle Tue 28-Jul-15 02:10:49

pricey i repeat exactly what muminthecity said, along with an extra flowers and also a wine perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now