Talk

Advanced search

to feel hurt by this? FB related

(13 Posts)
beyoncesweave Mon 27-Jul-15 22:47:28

So probably for the adults amongst us its definitely embarrassing.

I've been in a training group for the last 8 weeks and we went out for drinks on Friday - 3 in the training group and the trainer.

I made an in joke about him accepting our friend requests on FB - no one had added him but this was a relevant and very in joke.

Today both the people I was out with mentioned that the trainer added them on FB .... and he didn't add me. He knows I have FB.

It's not a FB thing ... I think its just the message that he clearly doesn't like me.

scarlettsmummy2 Mon 27-Jul-15 22:49:18

Maybe he just couldn't find you?

TheHouseOnBellSt Mon 27-Jul-15 22:50:06

Well....yanbu to be hurt but yabu to be wasting time thinking about it. Not everyone can like you..nobody is liked by all.

Spartak Mon 27-Jul-15 22:52:19

Unless you are 14, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe he couldn't find you, have you got a common name?

WoonerismSpit Mon 27-Jul-15 23:13:12

Do you have a bit of a crush on him?

FuckingLiability Mon 27-Jul-15 23:14:53

I wouldn't even care. I don't want randoms sending me invites.

Anon4Now2015 Tue 28-Jul-15 06:53:52

Are you even ever going to see him again?

When you meet a group of new people of course you like some of them more than others. It doesn't mean that the others are bad people or that there's anything wrong with them, just that some people you click with more or you discover that you have something in common and so will keep in touch. Why is it such a big deal if someone you met briefly in a work-related capacity has more in common with a colleague than with you?

Spartans Tue 28-Jul-15 07:00:29

He is a trainer in a course you have finished, he isn't actually a friend.

But you obviously feel you had become friends.

I think Yabu because I only ever add friends if they come up in the 'people you may know' bit. I never look for people, when I first got fb I did look for people but never found who I was looking for. So wait for them to pop up.

If it bothers you that much, add him. But it's entirely normal to get on with some people more in a group than others. Also when I meet new people I never think about adding them to fb. It's not that I don't care or want to add them. It just never enters my head.

Nargles Tue 28-Jul-15 07:12:54

There is nothing I hate more than bring put I'm an awkward position by someone for not accepting a friend request. Unless someone really is a close friend I don't think you should even comment on it. It happens to me after weddings all the time - a load of perfectly nice people who I hardly know will add me and I may accept one or two that I've spoken to more or were sat at the same table as, nothing wrong with the rest of them I just don't want to accept their request because I don't know them that well. Unless there's more to your relationship than a training course you are definitely overreacting imo.

youareallbonkers Tue 28-Jul-15 07:41:30

Is there no end to the ridiculous things you lot find to get upset about?

DoreenLethal Tue 28-Jul-15 08:25:04

Who cares? Really...I get all sorts of people on that and Linked In; I just prefer to have - you know - actual friends and family/actual work links on there.

SaveOurBogBrushes Tue 28-Jul-15 13:08:13

The time I didn't add someone was because the only person that came up with their name had a profile of themselves in their underwear... I was fairly certain it wasn't her but wasn't sure lol.

Goshthatsspicy Tue 28-Jul-15 13:41:42

If you are never going to see him again, why worry.
My news feed is already clogged up with rubbish.
I am sorry the whole thing hurt your feelings, not cool.
just move on now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now