Talk

Advanced search

to be feeling sorry for myself and thinking my turn should be over now....

(6 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 27-Jul-15 14:54:26

THREE BLOOMIN WEEKS ago I started feeling a bit ropey and generally under the weather. It started out as a headache and general tiredness which progressed to a very sore throat, inflamed tonsils etc. Then I got totally congested, horrible pressure in head and face which has cleared to a constant flow of disgusting snot. My ears have been blocked, I've developed a disgusting hacking cough and now to top it all off I've lost my sense of taste and I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

I'm feeling very sorry for myself and just want to feel better sad

Buttercup27 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:58:28

flowers sorry to be the bringer of bad news but sounds similar to a bug I had. Just started feeling normal after 6 weeks (including 2 nasty lots of conjunctivitis on top of everything else)
Speedy recovery brew

MagpieCursedTea Mon 27-Jul-15 15:20:45

That sounds unpleasant sad
Could it be a chest infection? Might be worth phoning your docs or even popping out to see a pharmacist (they'll tell you if you need to see a doc) if you're feeling up to it.
Hope you feel better soon flowers

sweetheart Mon 27-Jul-15 15:24:55

oh no!!! sad I don't want to be ill for another 3 weeks!

I'm supposed to be loosing weight but between feeling too crap to go to the gym and eating crap to feel better it's not happening. Plus my kids were moaning at me all weekend to do something nice when all i wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and go to sleep! My dh keeps telling me it's "just a cold" Grrrrrr

I've taken so much bloomin medication I'm going to start rattling soon too.

I've really had enough

AlwaysSpoiled34 Mon 27-Jul-15 15:26:31

Sounds bad, what about having some rest? Give yourself some time to recover. Be patient, it might be a couple of days. I am sure you will be better soonsmile

sweetheart Mon 27-Jul-15 15:28:50

I have rested (as much as humanly possible) I've been going to bed nice and early in the evening and drinking lots of water.......sad

I should have taken some time off work when it started - don't you just love hindsight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now