Talk

Advanced search

To feel so anxious about my ds, and what should I do about it?

(8 Posts)
Nectarini Sun 26-Jul-15 13:25:46

I don't normally feel anxious so this is all a bit new to me. Waved ds aged 13 off on the coach to cadet camp this morning. He's going 200 miles away for 7 nights. He's been for 5 nights before and I wasn't worried at all, but he had pain in one of his testicles last night and this morning and I'm so worried that it's going to get worse and be a torsion or something, or that it will cause him pain while he's doing the assault course etc and he'll be too afraid/embarrassed to tell someone. He insisted he was fine to go, but was a bit quieter han normal and I saw him wince as he was going up the steps on the coach and now I feel terrible, tearful and a bit panicky and wish I hadn't let him go. I'm worried that it was worse than he was letting on and that he was putting a brave face on it because he was so desperate to go.

Would it be awful if I emailed the person in charge to ask them to keep an eye on him? I know I'm probably just a bit anxious about him being away anyway and am fixating on this now which is making it worse. Dh isn't worried at all. I've tried deep breathing, watching TV, doing housework to take my mind off it, but I seem to be getting worse not better and my heart is pounding.

mintpoppet Sun 26-Jul-15 13:31:15

I wouldn't sit there being overly anxious about it but I would contact them to be on the safe side.

MadamArcatiAgain Sun 26-Jul-15 13:31:57

No. I would email them

callamia Sun 26-Jul-15 13:34:04

Definitely let them know. They can keep an eye on him too, and you'll feel much better. It's not being hysterical or anything, it's just good parenting to share information about something that might be a problem (or might not be!).

scarlets Sun 26-Jul-15 13:34:46

Emailing one of the adults, preferably a male, would be very sensible.

I hope it's nothing, and that he has a lovely time.

Nectarini Sun 26-Jul-15 13:48:56

Ok I've emailed. The only contact I have is female and the head of the entire cadet force for the county. He's probably going to kill me for interfering!

Thanks everyone.

RachelRagged Sun 26-Jul-15 13:52:39

Glad you emailed . DS won't know about the email I imagine but now the head of it all is aware that is far better.

BrowersBlues Sun 26-Jul-15 15:18:47

LOL you are so dead!! You definitely did the right thing though. I hope he is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now