Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to stop time?

(10 Posts)
CallMeExhausted Sun 26-Jul-15 12:20:28

I am an early riser, partly because my cockatoo fancies himself half cockerel, and partly just my nature.

I adore the quiet - once the family starts to stir, the activity level can reach a frenzy. Now, I love DH and the DCs, but I do really like this quiet time with my pets, too.

Would I be unreasonable to sedate them all for an extra hour? Of course, I am probably just joking.

It is currently 7:20 here. I figure I am only good for another 15 minutes maximum.

CallMeExhausted Sun 26-Jul-15 12:29:40

I was wrong. T'was only ten minutes.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Sun 26-Jul-15 12:48:37

I frequently wish I could stop time; the bliss of having even just an hour with no noise, no demands, not feeling like I should be doing something, no people annoying me.

NiceAcorns Sun 26-Jul-15 12:50:12

To have a pause button would be my super power

NotReallyAPrincess Sun 26-Jul-15 12:50:19

YANBU! I live by myself & frequently wish I could stop time for a while; no pressure, no things to be done, just me & my cup of coffee & blissful peace.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 26-Jul-15 12:53:51

I'd love a pause button. I'd have paused for a few years when DSes were 11,9 and 7. And me early 40's. A magical time.

CallMeExhausted Sun 26-Jul-15 13:14:10

Now, bird and dog both being "silly", DD trying to make her own breakfast, and a fine mess in the process... and DH and DNiece still fast asleep.

It sure was nice while it lasted.

CallMeExhausted Sun 26-Jul-15 14:26:52

Oh, and DH has just advised me he plans on spending the day in the office. Groan.

paulapompom Sun 26-Jul-15 21:50:50

Oh my God - I love your dog and cockatoo!

I would cuddle them and snuggle them all day soooo cute

<explodes at the cuteness>

star

CallMeExhausted Mon 27-Jul-15 01:04:39

They are my sanity.

I could have had a bit of a lie in today, DD wasn't up until after 7, but the quiet time I have with the two of them is probably my favourite part of my day hands down.

They are thick as thieves, and interestingly enough adore each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now