Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy thrush cream in peace?

(33 Posts)
PiperChapstick Sat 25-Jul-15 20:59:14

Went to pharmacy today to buy thrush cream, which is irritating enough in itself (pardon the pun). The consultation room was engaged and I was in a hurry so had to ask and detail my symptoms over the counter. Which would be fine if a couple of space invaders weren't so close i could feel their breath on my neck. Is it so much to ask to expect people not to be up my arse in the pharmacy. And does anyone have any cutting responses to up-bum-space-invaders?

Fairylea Sat 25-Jul-15 21:00:41

You could go to tesco and just buy it off the shelf and take it to self service next time smile

BullshitS70 Sat 25-Jul-15 21:00:44

erm....fuck off?

Smellyoulateralligator Sat 25-Jul-15 21:03:15

You can't buy the 2% cream in tesco I think.
Tell the person serving you that you'd like some privacy. YANBU.

PiperChapstick Sat 25-Jul-15 21:03:47

Fairy I would but I'm breastfeeding so needed advice on what I can and any have. Which, incidentally is the mildest stuff going so now I am not only embarrassed I'm still itchy as fuck

Fairylea Sat 25-Jul-15 21:05:12

Ah I see. Sorry just thought I'd mention it. I hate asking for that kind of stuff at the pharmacy in front of everyone too!

Woobeedoo Sat 25-Jul-15 21:17:23

I once had a man standing right up my arse backside in the GP when I had to book a smear test. I hate smears but the man being so close pissed me off even more so I took a deep breath and told the receptionist "I'm here to book my smear test, please can you tell me when is best to book it as I know it shouldn't be too close to my period". Maybe it was the mention of the word period, but the guy backed away PDQ.

I do have to point out that my shame level was pretty low at that point after having gone through 101 invasive pre-IVF tests.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 25-Jul-15 21:21:22

I wouldn't recommend this response but it may cheer you up...

I was on the escalator on the underground and left the obligatory one step in between me and the guy standing in front.

A guy had tried to climb but then opted to stand and barged in between us rudely, knocking me backwards and the other guy forwards. Luckily we didn't fall.

The guy whose was originally infront turned the the rude guy behind him and said "excuse me mate, do you want to marry me?" He replied with a surly no, to which the guy responded "Good, then take your cock out of my arse".

grin

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 25-Jul-15 21:25:57

grin grin @ Wally

pudcat Sat 25-Jul-15 21:26:04

That is so funny. I love it

Pippin8 Sat 25-Jul-15 21:28:36

Tea tree oil diluted with water on a sanitary pad works well. Especially if the water is freezing cold, very soothing & it has antifungal & antibacterial properties. Only £2.50 from Wilko.

FundamentalistQuaker Sat 25-Jul-15 21:30:20

Last time this happened to me I said I would not answer questions at the counter and was then taken behind it to the pharmacy shelves for a quiet chat.

TheHormonalHooker Sat 25-Jul-15 21:35:27

For future reference (I know you're BF now, but it might help another time or others) you can buy the soft pessary and cream off the shelf in Wilkos, or order it next day delivery with Amazon Prime.

I hate having to buy things over the counter, so always give the person in front miles of space, it's just a shame other people don't offer the same courtesy. There's a massive sign up at our doctor's asking people to give the person in front some privacy, unfortunately it seems have the patients can't read!

MeowImaCatfish Sat 25-Jul-15 21:57:17

Yanbu!! In fact I made Dm but it for me last time.. Tbf to was at hers and she was on way back from work grin

nooka Sat 25-Jul-15 22:17:37

I had to ask at the pharmacy counter the other day as dh and I had looked around and couldn't see anything at all obvious. The pharmacist made a bit of a song and dance about it and then showed me where the Caneston was (I didn't think they'd have the same brands here). It was in the foot section, and labeled for athlete's foot.

Made me wonder whether Canadians don't get thrush!

MrsBojingles Sat 25-Jul-15 22:21:03

Live yogurt works wonders...

PiperChapstick Sat 25-Jul-15 22:24:30

Mrs stupid question - eating or, Erm, rubbing? grin

OhBigHairyBollocks Sat 25-Jul-15 22:33:42

Gaaaaaah it REALLY fucks me off. Even more so when the pharmacist (loudly) asks you what you need it for. (I had exactly this situation with canesten the other day). What the fuck do you think I'm buying it for?! My eyes?!?!?!

Janeymoo50 Sat 25-Jul-15 22:38:15

I needed to buy some.......got to door of chemist at 0829.....as approached saw bloke from work....made small talk. Doors opened at 0830. I went to pharmacy down the back, safe distance.......or so I thought. Bloke from work (Director)......at front till. I ask...."do you have the Boots own thrust cream".....,girl in shop: not sure, let me check, goes to front of shop, stands next to Director (buying tissues)......asks colleague..."do we have own vaginal soreness cream, this lady is desperate". Nuff said.

Tinkypoooooooo Sat 25-Jul-15 22:49:28

People do this to me in the doctors surgery it really pisses me off.
In future you can buy pills/cream from Amazon

yummumto3girls Sat 25-Jul-15 23:58:04

Does a pharmacist really have to ask what the symptons are?! We are grown women and amazingly are able to judge this for ourselves - now just give me the cream!! By the way £11.99 for cream and pesssry is bloody rediculous!!

TiredButFine Sun 26-Jul-15 00:07:29

Worked in a pharmacy as a saturday job....many people who had "embarassing" problems (thrush/haemorroids) used to pass a note over the counter. Sadly dickhead counter assistant wouod always shout "tube if anusol/canesten going thru the till!" But yes space invaders can feck off, they may be there for paracetamol but someone else may want to describe theirvloose stools/flaky skin in peace ( heard it all and more nothing can phase you if you work the counter long enough)

maddening Sun 26-Jul-15 00:09:52

Next time muster a fart smile

TiredButFine Sun 26-Jul-15 00:11:18

Also diflucan (the thrush tablet) is now about £2.99 in wilko/ home bargains/ morrisons pharmacy/ the internet. Well worth buying " just in case" let's face it, if you buy it you won't get thrush, and if you do, you have it in. Tampon in live plain yoghurt isn't a bad alternative even if it does not always work.

Fluffyears Sun 26-Jul-15 01:28:49

I read that putting coconut oil onto affected area helps and shouldn't harm breastfeeding baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now