Euphemia Sat 25-Jul-15 16:51:35

No.

AdeleDazeem Sat 25-Jul-15 16:54:16

Yanbu

GraysAnalogy Sat 25-Jul-15 16:54:57

Yanbu

Christmas in November is bad enough for me. Retailers really do ruin it

HermioneWeasley Sat 25-Jul-15 16:55:06

So don't do it. But lots of people think it's fun.

FarFromAnyRoad Sat 25-Jul-15 16:57:48

But lots of people think it's fun

Who are these people? The ones who've had their brains removed and preserved in jars of vinegar?

There's altogether too much mention of bloody Christmas as it is on here at the moment. Can we not just have an amnesty until the onslaught starts in September?

LunaMay Sat 25-Jul-15 17:00:40

Haha we are doing it at work for clients but only because activities are limited in small towns and it gives us something to do. No doubt we'll be spending the rest of the week explaining that it's not December and they won't be going home grin

Murfles Sat 25-Jul-15 17:00:50

There's a lady on the Christmas boards who does Christmas in July due to her DS's illness. She wants to give him as many Christmases as possible. I thought it was lovely so nope people ANBU in those circumstances.

MagpieCursedTea Sat 25-Jul-15 17:07:04

My DH was horrified when I explained Christmas in July to him earlier.
We're not actually doing any Christmas stuff because he thinks I'm bad enough in December but I am on a Christmas FB group and I'm enjoying the photos. I can't get enough of that festive cheer whatever the time of year grin

Euphemia Sat 25-Jul-15 17:12:51

My cousin in Sydney is doing it, which I kind of get as it's winter there and Christmas is shown as happening in snowy weather, but here? No way.

TheOnlyOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 25-Jul-15 17:15:32

Isn't it a press thing? PR companies showcase all their Chrimbo stuff because all the magazines have such long lead times that they are shooting pics for November round about now.

Spartans Sat 25-Jul-15 17:17:25

What's Christmas in July?

grabaspoon Sat 25-Jul-15 17:18:33

But shouldn't it be on June 25th if at all

spanky2 Sat 25-Jul-15 17:19:05

We had Christmas dinner for ds1's birthday meal on Sunday! If I'd known shops were selling Christmas stuff I'd have got crackers!!

MoonlightandMusic Sat 25-Jul-15 17:19:29

Wrong, Spartans, just wrong that's what. sad Anyone seen Maryz? grin grin

gamerchick Sat 25-Jul-15 17:19:29

I love Christmas. grin

To be fair, I haven't seen one Christmas thread without fair warning in the title. Just don't click on it, it's not hard.

Tuskerfull Sat 25-Jul-15 17:19:41

I got a Christmas card brochure sent to me at work this week. There's a special rate if you buy them before August hmm

DurhamDurham Sat 25-Jul-15 17:20:19

I must have missed the hype for this. Which I'm pleased about as I can't think of anything worse grin
Who organises it or promotes it, is it a retail thing or have communities organised it for themselves?

Tweezertastic Sat 25-Jul-15 17:21:25

Well fil four seems to be doing it today. The Grinch is on now and later on is Scrooged

Spartans Sat 25-Jul-15 17:22:45

moon hahhaaahha that made me laugh.

Is it like an official thing then? Do shops selling Christmas stuff now??

Personally it winds me up when they start selling stuff in October/ November and I love Christmas.....but only in december

OddBoots Sat 25-Jul-15 17:25:33

I'm sure years back it was something QVC used to do, I'm sure my mum mentioned it.

Tenieht Sat 25-Jul-15 17:28:33

To be fair it's an Aussie thing.
It's cold down here in July - believe me - in Victoria tomorrow it will be 10 degrees, in the Mountains around -3, with 30cm of snow forecast for the ski resorts (shock horror yes Aus does get a winter and it does snow in the mountains and there are a number of ski centres). So Christmas in July seems really appropriate here in Victoria at least. I've been enjoying hot roasts on Sunday's and sitting in front of a lovely log fire for the past few weeks! Who would have thought it!!!!

SideOrderofChips Sat 25-Jul-15 17:36:24

Christmas in July is when retailers start demonstrations to the press and bloggers etc about what they will be bringing out this Christmas.

Google it.

Spartans Sat 25-Jul-15 17:51:57

Google mentions a film and talking about some people having parties. This thread hinted it was an official thing....which you have now explained. Google didn't help there

flowersthatbloominthespring Sat 25-Jul-15 17:52:27

From a recycling website:

OFFER: High quality Christmas Boxes

Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:19 am (PDT) . Posted by:
"xxx"

7 Very strong, Christmas boxes, some have been used to store small items some still unused, all in very very good condition and perfect for gift boxes or storage. Strong enough to be sent through the post. I haven't measured them but I've put a standard sized mug in front to give you an idea of size. They stack inside each other for storage. I know it's early to be thinking about Christmas but I don't want to throw these away they are lovely boxes I just don't have a need for them - any takers?

LooseSeal Sat 25-Jul-15 18:02:27

QVC used to do it, dont know if they do it any more. It was when they sold off all the junk unsold Christmas stuff from last year to make way for all the new stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now