Talk

Advanced search

Re Gym equipment hogging

(11 Posts)
watchingthedetectives Sat 25-Jul-15 13:23:45

In dodgy hotel gym this morning - tipping rain and woke up really early and thought would be good to go while everyone else was still asleep.

Limited equipment - one new treadmill, one rower with no functioning screen and a very squeaky/wobbly cross trainer. Woman already on treadmill - fair enough, bide my time faffing with other stuff, after 45 mins she asks me if I am waiting for the treadmill. I say yes thank you then says well I have another 20 mins

AIBU to think 65mins is too long when there is only one piece of decent equipment and she knows people are waiting. In my home gym there is a 30 min rule at busy times

A bloke came in after me - also waiting for treadmill so I got off after 20 mins. Am I just being a wuss or is this normal acceptable behaviour

Plus she didn't clean the sweat of the bloody thing!

Theycallmemellowjello Sat 25-Jul-15 13:29:08

Hm. Yes, 65 mins is probably too long! But it's a grey area, as there was other equipment.

ProudAS Sat 25-Jul-15 13:30:45

Yes she was on there too long. Her usual workout may well be over an hour but it's polite to curtail it sometimes if another person is waiting. And as for not wiping it - eeuuugggghhhh!

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Sat 25-Jul-15 13:31:52

Yes, far too long. Every gym I've ever been to has a 30 min limit.

WipsGlitter Sat 25-Jul-15 13:38:33

That's madness. Go outside if you want to run for that long.

watchingthedetectives Sat 25-Jul-15 13:41:45

WipsGlitter I agree although in her defence it was pissing down (not sure why I am defending her though!)

AyMamita Sat 25-Jul-15 14:57:26

YANBU. How rude! I would have switched it off at the wall

WoonerismSpit Sat 25-Jul-15 15:03:33

YANBU. 30 minutes is the rule.

You wouldn't have turned it off at the wall mamita.

watchingthedetectives Sat 25-Jul-15 15:09:11

When she asked me was I waiting after 45 mins I thought she was just going to say Ok - I'll cool down now but no she kept on going

When I say home gym - I meant back in London - if I actually had one at home I could presumably keep going for ever - there's a grim thought!

Tinkypoooooooo Sat 25-Jul-15 18:35:56

yep to long especially if people are waiting, very inconsiderate

ShooBeeDooBeeDoo Sat 25-Jul-15 18:38:38

At our gym the limit is 20 mins if there are people waiting. Luckily that only really happens in January and even then it doesn't happen often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now